Saturday, February 27, 2021

Guest Designer Spotlight: Cards with Rachel Alvarado

Hello crafty friends! Rachel Alvarado here. I am thrilled to be guest designing today for Sunny Studio Stamps! I absolutely love the latest release and had a lot of fun creating my projects today!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Garden Fairy Slimline Dies Everyday Card by Rachel Alvarado

For my first project, I created a fun slimline card using both the new Garden Fairy Stamp Set combined with the gorgeous Slimline Scalloped Frame Dies. To start, I first trimmed a piece of Neenah Solar White 110lb Cardstock slightly larger than 2.75" X 7.75". I then stamped my images in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, using a masking technique to give my images some depth while still being just one layer. For my masking pieces, I stamped my images again onto a sheet of Gina K. Designs Masking Magic Sheets, fussy cut each image, and then placed the masks where necessary while stamping.

With my masking pieces still covering the images below them, I then blended some Distress Oxide Inks for my background (Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers, and Kitsch Flamingo). My background colors were inspired by some blends recently shown by the amazing Jessica Frost Ballas. You can view her awesome post and video HERE. Once my background was blended, I then splattered it with some diluted opaque white paint as well as some diluted purple watercolor paint for added interest.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Garden Fairy Slimline Dies Everyday Card by Rachel Alvarado

Next, I removed my masking pieces and then allowed my panel to dry before coloring all of my images with Copic Markers. Following that, I used the Stitched Mat Die from the Slimline Scalloped Frame Dies to trim my panel. I then stamped my sentiment, and adhered the entire piece to a scalloped back panel that I had die cut from white card stock using the same die set.

COPIC COLOR BLENDS USED: Reds: R02, R14, R27; Pinks: RV02, RV63, RV55, RV66; Purples: BV00, BV01, BV02, BV04; Greens: YG01, YG06, YG17, YG67; Light Browns: E41, E42, E43, E44; Dark Browns: E31, E23, E25, E29

Sunny Studio Stamps: Feeling Froggy Country Scenes Scalloped Circle Mat Dies Everyday Card by Rachel Alvarado

For my second card, I used the new Feeling Froggy Stamp Set combined with the new Scalloped Circle Mat 3 Dies and Country Scene Stamps. I once again created a single layer card for my images using the masking technique. I again stamped my images onto a sheet of Neenah Solar White 110lb Card Stock (4.25" x 5.75") and used Copic Markers to color them.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Feeling Froggy Country Scenes Scalloped Circle Mat Dies Everyday Card by Rachel Alvarado

For my background, with my masking pieces were still on, I blended my sky with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide Inks and my pond area with Salty Ocean and Chipped Sapphire Distress Inks. I used some blue patterned paper (4.25" X 5.75") from the Spring Fling Paper Pad for the base of my card and die cut a circle in the top center of it using a basic circle die. I then adhered this piece over my card base with some 3D Foam Adhesive Tape, allowing my images to be seen through the circular window. Next, I cut a scalloped circle from white card stock using the Scalloped Circle Mat 3 Dies and then die cut the center out of it (to create a scalloped frame) using the same basic circle die that I had used earlier.

COPIC COLOR BLENDS USED:  Greens: YG01, YG06, YG17, YG67; Browns: E40, E41, E42, E43, E44; Grays: C00, C3, C4

Thank you for taking the time to stop by today and sending a big thanks also to Mendi for having me as a guest! I hope you enjoyed my cards today! If you liked these cards and want some more crafty inspiration, please feel free to check out my blog at Rachel Alvarado Designs or my INSTAGRAM feed!

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Spring Fling Paper
Spring Fling Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Scalloped Frame
Slimline Scalloped Frame
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Country Scenes Stamps
Country Scenes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Feeling Froggy Stamps
Feeling Froggy Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Feeling Froggy Dies
Feeling Froggy Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Garden Fairy Stamps
Garden Fairy Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Garden Fairy Dies
Garden Fairy Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scalloped Circle Mat 3 Dies
Scalloped Circle Mat 3 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. Superior backgrounds on both... I love the fairies and that frog set has the most fun sentiments. TFS your amazing talent.

    ReplyDelete