Thursday, February 4, 2021

Captivating Camellias Cards with Vanessa and Anja

Hello to you! Vanessa here with a sunny card using Captivating Camellias. It's been frosty here lately and we've had plenty of snow, so I wanted to put a bit of sunshine onto today's card:

Sunny Studio Stamps: Layered Flower Hello Card by Vanessa Menhorn (using Captivating Camellias Stamps & Slimline Scalloped Frame Dies)

I first stamped the camellia images onto my white card base, using Hero Arts Shadow Ink Soft Yellow, Ranger Distress Ink Squeezed Lemonade and Hero Arts Shadow Ink Butter Bar. Then I added tiny yellow and black ink droplets.

After I had adhered the panel to the card base, I die-cut the "hello" from the Slimline Scalloped Frame Dies from black cardstock, added highlights with a white gel pen and adhered it to the card. Finally, I added black enamel dots.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Layered Flower Hello Card by Vanessa Menhorn (using Captivating Camellias Stamps & Slimline Scalloped Frame Dies)

I hope to have brightened your day with all the yellow! Thank you for stopping by!

-------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone, Anja here and today's card features the Captivating Camellias layering stamps. I was inspired by the 2021 Pantone Colors of the Year – a beautiful combo of grey and yellow.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Layered Flower Hello Card by Anja (using Captivating Camellias Stamps, Slimline Pennant Dies, Slimline Scalloped Frame Dies & Subtle Grey Tones Paper)

First, I created a narrower card base out of grey cardstock which measures 4.125" x 6.25". I trimmed a white cardstock panel to be slightly smaller and adhered it to the card base. Next, I used one of the Slimline Pennants Dies and cut it from polka dot paper included in the Subtle Grey Tones 6x6 Paper pack.

I stamped all the layers of the camellias and leaves with dye inks (you can find the ink colors below) and the help of a stamp positioning tool. I used the coordinating dies to cut everything out and build a cluster which I adhered onto the banner. For a little dimension, I adhered the large flower with foam tape.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Layered Flower Hello Card by Anja (using Captivating Camellias Stamps, Slimline Pennant Dies, Slimline Scalloped Frame Dies & Subtle Grey Tones Paper)

Dye Inks used:
Camellias: Altenew Buttercream, Mango Smoothie, Warm Sunshine, Sunkissed; Leaves: Simon Says Stamp Fog, MFT Cement Gray, Simon Says Stamp Smoke

For the sentiment, I die cut the scripty word 'hello' from the Slimline Scalloped Frame Dies set out of silver glitter cardstock. I also stamped the word 'friend' (Foxy Christmas Stamps) in VersaMark Ink onto a small grey cardstock strip and heat embossed it in white. I finished off the card by adding three yellow glitter enamel dots.

Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a fabulous day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Foxy Christmas Stamps
Foxy Christmas Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Subtle Grey Tones Paper
Subtle Grey Tones Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Scalloped Frame
Slimline Scalloped Frame
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Captivating Camellias Stamps
Captivating Camellias Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Captivating Camellias Dies
Captivating Camellias Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Pennant Dies
Slimline Pennant Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment