Saturday, February 13, 2021

Guest Designer Spotlight: Cards with Wanda Guess

Hi everyone! Wanda Guess here! I'm always happy and excited to be the guest designer on the Sunny Studio Blog! I'm so delighted to work with the beautiful and fun stamps and dies from Sunny Studio! I'm in love with this awesome new release. I mean who doesn't love hot air balloons and otters?! I had so much fun creating two cards to share with you today. Lots of color and lots of cuteness! Please visit me on my blog sometime! You can find me over at A Blog Called Wanda, and on Instagram. Let's get started with the creativity! 

Sunny Studio Stamps: My Otter Half Best Fishes Stitched Semi Circle Dies Everyday Card by Wanda Guess

First up is this adorable otter couple, swimming around hanging out with each other! I'm going to save this card for my husband for his anniversary card! This finished card is a 5" x 5" square card, made from white cardstock. I used the Stitched Semi Circle dies to create a frame for the waves and sea kelp. I built my card around the semi circle. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: My Otter Half Best Fishes Stitched Semi Circle Dies Everyday Card by Wanda Guess

I used a layer of brown striped paper to match the brown otters. All the images were stamped and die cut with the matching dies and then colored with Copic Markers. I used the My Otter Half, Best Fishes, and Sea You Soon stamp sets to create my ocean scene. I couldn't resist the urge to add one little happy fish jumping out of the water too! 

Sunny Studio Stamps: My Otter Half Best Fishes Stitched Semi Circle Dies Everyday Card by Wanda Guess

The sentiment was heat embossed with white onto black cardstock. Everything was assembled using foam dots for dimension. I also really like to use a white gel pen to add accents over my Copic coloring. I splattered a bit of white paint to mimic ocean foam. I am all about the little details. One tiny red heart too! The sentiments in the My Otter Half stamp set are the best!! I love you like no otter!! 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Balloon Rides Country Scenes Plane Awesome Everyday Card by Wanda Guess

This next card is a big card! But it will fit into a 5x7 envelope! I needed some big card real estate to create my hot air balloon scene. Gosh, I wish I was with that bear right now, swaying over the pretty green hills. This finished card is a 4.5" x 7" size, made from white cardstock. I layered a bit of lime green cardstock, and then a layer of white for my scene. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Balloon Rides Country Scenes Plane Awesome Everyday Card by Wanda Guess

I stamped and die cut out the images and colored them all with Copic Markers. I used the Country Scenes, Balloon Rides, and Plane Awesome stamp sets. They all work so nicely together. I went with a rainbow color scheme for the balloon and banner. I love using these bright, cheerful colors. I tucked that sweet bear into the basket and made him floating in some big fluffy clouds. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Balloon Rides Country Scenes Plane Awesome Everyday Card by Wanda Guess

There are two layers of clouds and they were edged with Diamond Stickles Glitter Glue. The card was assembled with foam tape for dimension and layers. Can't wait to send out this note of encouragement.

Big thanks to Mendi for having me as a guest! I'm very blessed that she always invites me back! Take care and happy crafting!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used: 

Best Fishes Stamps
Best Fishes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Best Fishes Dies
Best Fishes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Plane Awesome Stamps
Plane Awesome Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Plane Awesome Dies
Plane Awesome Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sea You Soon Stamps
Sea You Soon Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sea You Soon Dies
Sea You Soon Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Semi-Circle Dies
Stitched Semi-Circle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Balloon Rides Stamps
Balloon Rides Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Balloon Rides Dies
Balloon Rides Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Country Scenes Stamps
Country Scenes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Country Scenes Dies
Country Scenes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
My Otter Half Stamps
My Otter Half Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
My Otter Half Dies
My Otter Half Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment