Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Feeling Froggy Cards with Kavya and Isha

Hi folks, Kavya here. I am back on the blog with another fun card inspired by a fairy tale - The Princess and the Frog! Can you just tell how much I love recreating movies and books? Today’s card uses the newly released Feeling Froggy mini stamp … It might be small but its the perfect size for scene building and you can definitely use it by itself. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Feeling Froggy Country Scenes Garden Fairy Birthday Card by Kavya

I used the mini slimline size (3.5”x6”) for my card. I first started off by ink blending the sky. I used shades of navy blue and purple dye inks to ink blend and added white paint splatters for the stars. I then used the Slimline Nature Border die set and Stitched Circle Small die set to die cut the grass and the pond using green and blue cardstock. To make the grass more realistic, I ink blended the edges using coordinating dye inks and added white and green paint splatters. For the pond, I decided to lightly ink blend the edges using the same colors used for the sky. After all, it is a reflection! 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Feeling Froggy Country Scenes Garden Fairy Birthday Card by Kavya

Then, I die cut various images from Feeling FroggyCountry ScenesGarden Fairy and Enchanted stamp sets and colored them using alcohol markers and colored pencils. My color combo for the princess was inspired by Princess Tiana from the Disney adaptation of the fairy tale. I honestly love the Enchanted stamp set so much! There are so many different ways in which you can use and I haven’t run out of ideas yet! Lastly, I heat embossed a sentient from the Garden Fairy stamp set in white to finish off my card! 

I hope you liked this card! Drop by tomorrow for more inspiration from other DT members! Happy crafting!

-------------------------------------------

Hello everyone! Isha with you featuring the Feeling Froggy stamps and dies today. Now I like that we can combine this cute little image with so many of the other stamps and dies to create a beautiful scene. This cute little froggy reminds me of the frog prince story somehow and hence the color theme. A bit dreamy and soft.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Feeling Froggy Country Scenes Fluffy Cloud Dies Everyday Card by Isha Gupta

I stamped all the images onto watercolor paper and colored them using watercolors. The pond along with flowers and grass is from the Country Scenes stamp, color and die-cut using the coordinating dies

The flamingo is from the Tropical Paradise stamp set. After coloring I fussy cut it. I used the sun from the Balloon Rides stamp set, colored and die-cut using the coordinating diesFinally the frog and the cute dragon flies are from the Feeling Froggy stamp set, which I die-cut using the coordinating diesI also die-cut some clouds using the Fluffy Clouds dies, added shimmer pen and some sparkles to it.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Feeling Froggy Country Scenes Fluffy Cloud Dies Everyday Card by Isha Gupta

Once I had all the elements ready, I sponged distress oxide ink in dried marigold, worn lipstick, salty ocean to a white cardstock. Die-cut this mat layer using the Frilly Frames Quatrefoil die outline. Die-cut the pond piece using the lower part of the same die so to get the stitching details.

Stamp the sentiment. Adhere all the elements using various depths of 3D foam and liquid glue for added depth and dimension to create the scene.

Thanks for dropping by!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Tropical Paradise Dies
Tropical Paradise Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Paradise Stamps
Tropical Paradise Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fluffy Clouds Dies
Fluffy Clouds Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Enchanted Stamps
Enchanted Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Enchanted Dies
Enchanted Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Quatrefoil
Frilly Frames Quatrefoil
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Nature Borders
Slimline Nature Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Balloon Rides Stamps
Balloon Rides Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Balloon Rides Dies
Balloon Rides Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Country Scenes Stamps
Country Scenes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Country Scenes Dies
Country Scenes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Feeling Froggy Stamps
Feeling Froggy Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Feeling Froggy Dies
Feeling Froggy Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Garden Fairy Stamps
Garden Fairy Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Garden Fairy Dies
Garden Fairy Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Circle Small Dies
Stitched Circle Small Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. Fun, fun cards - both with charming scenes and awesome coloring!! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete