Hello, and welcome to day 4 of our Holiday Sneak Peek Week! All this week, I am sharing cards showcasing our newest collection, which will be available for purchase tomorrow!
Card No. 1: I've been wanting a versatile Nativity die set for years. I own a couple of different sets that you cut out in one pass, but I was longing for something with more flexibility to create a variety of scenes, and with that, our newest Nativity Scene Builder Dies were born!
For my first card using the set, I started by die-cutting small circles from masking material, which I positioned randomly across the center to give the look of bokeh with the out-of-focus lights of Bethlehem in the background. To achieve this look, I inked a bit, then moved the dots and inked some more using Scattered Straw, Wild Honey, Salty Ocean, Prize Ribbon, Chipped Sapphire, and Black Soot Distress inks. I then added the stable and layered it with the Mini Grass Border Dies, which I ran through my machine twice to line up and achieve the dip in the center I was after. I then arranged Mary, Joseph, the baby Jesus in the manger and the adoring animals around them. For my sentiment, I split up the sentiment in two parts using our Inside Greetings Christmas Stamps and stamped the first portion in black ink onto a Brilliant Banner 4 Dies and then the second half, heat-embossing it with White Detail Embossing Powder onto the black cardstock.
Card No. 4: For this card, using the Nativity Scene Builder Dies, I switched up my color palette a bit, selecting warm tones. For this vertically oriented card, I wanted to have the stable scene in the foreground with Bethlehem behind it, like it's up in the hills. To do this, I started by inking the sky with Lumberjack Plaid, Candied Apple, and scattered straw in the center (mostly hidden by the buildings). For my hills, cut using the Slimline Nature Border Dies, I inked them up using Tea Dye Distress Ink and then inked the star and the area glowing behind Jesus with Scattered Straw ink. Initially I had just the one hill, but I felt like the buildings were standing a little too tall and stark against the red, so I added in the hills behind them to look like they are in a bit of a valley. I wasn't left with very many places to squeeze my greeting, so I repositioned my elements so they would fit around the greeting from the Inside Greetings Christmas Stamps set and be framed by the stable. I was happy with how the scene came together, and I think this could be reimagined with a variety of different color schemes.
After rolling the ink out on the surface of my embossing folder, I took a Q-tip with a bit of rubbing alcohol and carefully removed any portions of ink that accidentally got onto the recessed portions of the folder. I then laid my white cardstock on the un-inked side of the embossing folder and carefully closed the inked "lid" down onto my paper and held it tight so it wouldn't shift before running it through my die-cutting machine. When I removed the panel, there were some areas that didn't ink up as well as I would have liked to I zapped it with my heat gun and then filled in the lighter spots with a coordinating Copic Marker in the same color.
Next, I inked up the entire outside edges with a medium to light blend of Prize Ribbon Distress Ink, followed by Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot on the most outside corners. While I never used Distress Ink on the centers, I still wanted to lighten the raised rays that had been inked in my first step with the pigment ink, so I smooshed some of my Hero Arts Unicorn Pigment Ink onto my glass mat and then rubbed it around the center and into the rays using my finger. I decided I would have more control that way, and it would be easier to wash my finger later than sacrifice one of my precious brushes to become filled with pigment ink that was tinted with blue.
Here's a closer look at our new Nativity Scene Builder Dies, which will be available for purchase starting tomorrow.
Other Supplies Used:
![]() Christmas Trimmings Stamps Shop at: Sunny Studio |
![]() Christmas Trimmings Dies Shop at: Sunny Studio |
![]() Brilliant Banner 4 Dies Shop at: Sunny Studio |
![]() Slimline Nature Borders Shop at: Sunny Studio |
![]() Classy Christmas Stamps Shop at: Sunny Studio |
![]() Classy Christmas Dies Shop at: Sunny Studio |
![]() Holy Night Stamps Shop at: Sunny Studio |
![]() Holy Night Dies Shop at: Sunny Studio |
![]() Inside Greetings-Christmas Shop at: Sunny Studio |
![]() Mini Grass Border Dies Shop at: Sunny Studio |
![]() Beach Bus Stamps Shop at: Sunny Studio |
![]() Beach Bus Dies Shop at: Sunny Studio |
![]() Sunburst Embossing Shop at: Sunny Studio |
![]() Spellbinders Masking Sheets Shop at: Sunny Studio |
![]() We R Nesting Circles Dies Shop at: Sunny Studio |
![]() Hero Arts White Detail Shop at: Sunny Studio |
![]() VersaMark Watermark Ink Shop at: Sunny Studio |
![]() Versafine Onyx Black Ink Shop at: Sunny Studio |
![]() PinkFresh Studio Blending Brushes Shop at: Sunny Studio |
































I absolutely LOVE all of these. Fabulous product and results!!!
ReplyDeleteI have been wishing for a good nativity set, and this one is fabulous! Your samples are all amazing!
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome set. It has so many possibilities for scene building. Your cards are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThese nativity cards are stunning! I love to see sets that convey the reason for the season.
ReplyDeleteThese cards are gorgeous! I love them!
ReplyDeleteThese scenes are UNREAL! I LOVE the new Nativity dies! Just gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteLovely! Beautiful cards
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cards today, Mendi! So nice to see a nativity set that has so many pieces and options to make a wonderful scene.
ReplyDeleteLovely nativity scene dies.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely gorgeous Nativity set of dies! Love all the beautiful cards you've shared with these lovely scenes!
ReplyDeleteThe scenes are stunning!
ReplyDeleteThese cards are stunning!! I especially love cards #2 and #5. They really evoke what it was like in Bethlehem the night that Christ was born. 🩷🩷🩷
ReplyDeleteI love your nativity die set!
ReplyDelete