Saturday, October 12, 2024

Guest Designer Spotlight: Happy Howl-o-ween Card & Tags with Tammy Stark

Sunny Studio Stamps: Happy Howl-o-ween Card & Tags by Tammy Stark (featuring Stitched Circle Dies, Scalloped Tag Dies)

Hello friends, Tammy Stark here! I'm so excited to be guest designing for Sunny Studio for the newest release! I especially love creating for Halloween, so I was really excited to play with the adorable new set, Happy Howl-o-weenFor my project, I created a fun slimline card so I could get as many of the darling pups as possible!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Happy Howl-o-ween Card by Tammy Stark (featuring Stitched Circle Dies)

To begin, I stamped the images from the Happy Howl-o-ween stamp setcolored with Copic markers, and die cut with the Happy Howl-o-ween Dies. Next, I cut a panel of Bristol smooth cardstock to 3 X 8" and masked off the bottom of the panel with washi tape. I used a circle die from the Stitched Circle Large Die to create a mask. I placed the circle mask onto the panel and inked the background with Milled Lavender, Villainous Potion, and Black Soot Distress inks. I splattered the background with some Villainous Potion ink, then added some white paint splatters. I removed the circle mask and lightly washed it with gray ink to give the mood a little spooky glow. The bottom of the card was inked with brown inks to create a ground for the pups.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Happy Howl-o-ween Card by Tammy Stark (featuring Stitched Circle Dies)

Next, I arranged the adorable images onto my card to create a fun scene, and attached them with foam tape for dimension. The sentiment was white embossed onto a black sentiment strip and also attached with foam tape. Lastly, I attached the panel to a white cardstock mat, measuring 3 1/4 X 8 1/4", then onto a black 3 1/2 X 8 1/2" card base to finish up my card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Happy Howl-o-ween Tags by Tammy Stark (featuring Stitched Circle Dies, Scalloped Tag Dies)

I also created a fun set of coordinating Halloween tags, using Happy Howl-o-weenI started by stamping some images from the Happy Howl-o-ween stamp set, coloring with Copic markers, and die cutting with the Happy Howl-o-ween Dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Happy Howl-o-ween Tags by Tammy Stark (featuring Stitched Circle Dies, Scalloped Tag Dies)

To make the tags, I cut 3 white tags using the Scalloped Tag Circle DiesNext, I cut 3 circles from Bristol smooth cardstock using the Stitched Circle Large DieJust as the card, I masked off the bottom of the tag and ink blended the top with Milled Lavender, Villainous Potion, and Black Soot Distress inks, also splattering up the background. The bottom was ink blended with brown inks, then attached to the scalloped tags. The colored images were attached to the tags, using foam tape on some for dimension. I white embossed the sentiments onto black cardstock strips, cutting them apart and attaching to the tags with foam tape, then added some black and white bakers twine to finish up my set of tags.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Hugs!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Scalloped Tags-Circle
Scalloped Tags-Circle
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Circle Large Dies
Stitched Circle Large Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Happy Howl-o-ween Stamps
Happy Howl-o-ween Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Happy Howl-o-ween Dies
Happy Howl-o-ween Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment