Sunday, October 6, 2024

Buffalo Plaid Die Focused Card with Hanh

Hello Crafty Friends! This is Hanh. I am so excited to share this fun Christmas card that I made featuring the Buffalo Plaid Diagonal Die and the Roly Poly Penguins set. I am so in love with these adorable penguins! 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Buffalo Plaid Die Focused Holiday Card by Hanh Nguyen (featuring Roly Poly Penguins, Basic Mini Shape Dies)

I wanted them to be the center of attention on my card but I wanted to add just a bit of interest to the background. The Buffalo Plaid Dies were just perfect to add a hint of subtle texture. There are two dies available: Buffalo Plaid Straight Die and Buffalo Plaid Diagonal Die. They can both be used as a stand alone element as I have used here today. Or they can be inked up with the Diagonal and Straight Stripes Stencils for a more vivid design. 

I stamped the penguins from the Roly Poly Penguins stamp set onto a piece of Neenah Solar White 110 lb cardstock with Memento Tuexedo Black ink and used the coordinating Roly Poly Penguins Dies to die cut them out. I love that the die for the middle penguin also cuts out the wings so that you can tuck a gift inside. I colored them with Copic markers and accented with a white gel pen.

COPIC COLORS:
Penguins: T3/5/7/9, W00/0, Y38 YR04, R00/20
Red: R22/24/27/29/39
White: C00/1/3
Blue: B000/00

Sunny Studio Stamps: Buffalo Plaid Die Focused Holiday Card by Hanh Nguyen (featuring Roly Poly Penguins, Basic Mini Shape Dies)

For the background, I started with a piece of red cardstock (4.25" x 5.5"). I adhered a slightly smaller piece of white cardstock on top. Then I took a piece of light blue cardstock and die cut it with the Buffalo Plaid Diagonal Die. I trimmed the panel to be slightly smaller than my white panel before adhering it on top of the white panel. 

For the sentiment, I stamped the Warm Winter Wishes sentiment from the Snowmen in Sweaters Stamp set with Versamark Watermark ink onto a piece of black cardstock and heat embossed with Detail White Embossing Powder. I used the coordinating Snowmen in Sweaters Dies to die cut it out. I adhered the sentiment and the stack of penguins onto the panel with foam tape for a bit of dimension and interest. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Buffalo Plaid Die Focused Holiday Card by Hanh Nguyen (featuring Roly Poly Penguins, Basic Mini Shape Dies)

To add to the wintery vibes, I die cut and adhered a few snowflakes using the Basic Mini Shape 5 Dies. In an effort not to waste and to add more snow to my panel, I saved and adhered the little dots from the center of the snowflakes throughout the panel. Finally, I adhered the panel to a top folding white card base (4.25" x 5.5").

I appreciate you taking the time to stop by and visit today. I hope you liked my card. Be sure to check out the Sunny Studio Stamps Shop for more info and ideas. Please also visit my INSTAGRAM feed for more inspirations. Have a wonderful and crafty day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Roly Poly Penguin Stamps
Roly Poly Penguin Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Roly Poly Penguin Dies
Roly Poly Penguin Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Snowmen in Sweaters Stamps
Snowmen in Sweaters Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Snowmen in Sweaters Dies
Snowmen in Sweaters Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Buffalo Plaid Diagonal Die
Buffalo Plaid Diagonal Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Basic Mini Shape Dies 5
Basic Mini Shape Dies 5
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: