Saturday, October 26, 2024

Guest Designer Spotlight: Roly Poly Penguins Cards & Tag with Michelle Short

Hello there, Michelle Short here and I am delighted to be guest designing on the Sunny Studio blog today using the 2024 holiday release! I fell in love with the Roly Poly Penguins, so most of my projects use those, but I do have a bonus project to share at the end too!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Roly Poly Penguins Winter Themed Holiday Card by Michelle Short (featuring Buffalo Plaid Dies, Snowmen In Sweaters, Inside Greetings)

I started off my first project by stamping one of the penguins and candy canes from Roly Poly Penguins, as well as the two trees from Snowmen in Sweaters (I stamped the smaller one twice) onto white cardstock using black ink. I coloured them using Copic Markers before die cutting them out using the coordinating dies. I die cut a heart from white cardstock and then stamped the sentiment in the right-hand corner from the Inside Greetings Seasons stamps.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Roly Poly Penguins Winter Themed Holiday Card by Michelle Short (featuring Buffalo Plaid Dies, Snowmen In Sweaters, Inside Greetings)

This sentiment is part of a larger one, so I had to do a bit of manoeuvring and masked off some words to stamp 'happy Christmas' using Versamark Ink. I applied White Embossing Powder and heat set. I then masked off the bottom part of the heart using paper that I had cut into a slope shape with scissors. I blended Distress Inks above (Salty Ocean, Prize Ribbon, Chipped Sapphire and Seedless Preserves), removed any excess ink from the embossed sentiment with a cloth, and then moved the mask down to create snow drifts below. I ink blended these with the residual Seedless Preserves Ink on my brush.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Roly Poly Penguins Winter Themed Holiday Card by Michelle Short (featuring Buffalo Plaid Dies, Snowmen In Sweaters, Inside Greetings)

I masked off the bottom part again and splattered white paint above to look like snow fall. I then placed the Buffalo Plaid Diagonal Die on top of a panel of white cardstock and ran it through my die cutting machine to cut the pattern into the cardstock. It was adhered to an A2 sized (4.25" x 5.5") white card base. The heart piece was then adhered on top with foam tape, followed by the tress, candy cane and penguin. To finish, I added a few white gel pen highlights to the penguin.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Roly Poly Penguins Winter Themed Holiday Tag by Michelle Short (featuring Build-a-Tag Dies, Inside Greetings)

For my next project, I thought that the penguin showing just the top half of his body would work great for a tag. I first cut the base of the Build-A-Tag #1 dies from white cardstock, as well as the topper piece and eyelet. I added ink blending to the base layer with the same Distress Inks that I used on the card, but with a slightly heavier hand this time. I splattered white paint on top and set it aside to dry. I also blended the same inks to the eyelet piece (to match the sky).

Sunny Studio Stamps: Roly Poly Penguins Winter Themed Holiday Tag by Michelle Short (featuring Build-a-Tag Dies, Inside Greetings)

Whilst the tag was drying, I stamped the penguin from Roly Poly Penguins onto white cardstock using black ink. I coloured him with Copic Markers and die cut him out using the coordinating dies. The sentiment, from Inside Greetings Seasons, was stamped onto black cardstock and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  It was then cut into two strips. I adhered the topper piece to the tag, followed by the eyelet with liquid glue. The penguin and sentiments were adhered using foam tape. To finish, I threaded twine through the top of the tag and tied in a bow.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Roly Poly Penguins Winter Themed Holiday Card by Michelle Short (featuring Buffalo Plaid Dies, Diagonal Stencils, Inside Greetings)

I couldn't resist making another card with another penguin (they are too cute!), so I stamped another from Roly Poly Penguins onto white cardstock using black ink. He was then coloured using Copic Markers and die cut out using the coordinating dies. The sentiment, from Inside Greetings Seasons, was stamped onto black cardstock using Versamark Ink. I applied white embossing powder and heat set. It was then cut into a strip.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Roly Poly Penguins Winter Themed Holiday Card by Michelle Short (featuring Buffalo Plaid Dies, Diagonal Stencils, Inside Greetings)

For the card base, I took a panel of red cardstock and die cut it using the Buffalo Plaid Diagonal Die. I placed the Diagonal Stripes Stencil on top and added ink blending using a slightly darker red shade of ink than the cardstock. I did this twice for both diagonals of the plaid. It was adhered to an A2 sized card base, and the penguin and sentiment simply adhered on top with foam tape. To finish, I added white gel pen highlights to the penguin and a little black glaze pen to his eyes.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Merry Mocha Gift Tag by Michelle Short (featuring Scalloped Tag Dies)

My last project today uses the Merry Mocha stamps & coordinating dies. I first stamped the coffee cup, as well as the sentiment, from the Merry Mocha set onto white cardstock using black ink. I coloured the coffee cup using Copic Markers and die cut both out using the coordinating dies. I thought it would be fun to create a gift card holder, so I took the largest of the Scallop Tag Circle Dies and cut it three times from white cardstock.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Merry Mocha Gift Tag by Michelle Short (featuring Scalloped Tag Dies)

Two of them were adhered together back-to-back and I cut the third one in half. I stamped a sentiment from Inside Greetings Seasons onto the one cut in half using black ink and adhered it to the back of the other ones, but only added adhesive to the outside edges, so that I could create a pocket for the gift card to fit into.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Merry Mocha Gift Tag by Michelle Short (featuring Scalloped Tag Dies)

I adhered the coffee cup and sentiment to the front of the tag and tired twine in a bow at the top. I added Christmas Red Stickles to the berries and then embellished with silver gems to finish. The gift card was then popped inside the pocket.

I hope you have enjoyed seeing my projects today using the holiday release. Thank you so much for stopping by, I hope you have a wonderful day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Build-A-Tag #1 Dies
Build-A-Tag #1 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scalloped Tags-Circle
Scalloped Tags-Circle
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Inside Greetings Seasons
Inside Greetings Seasons
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Merry Mocha Stamps
Merry Mocha Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Merry Mocha Dies
Merry Mocha Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Roly Poly Penguin Stamps
Roly Poly Penguin Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Roly Poly Penguin Dies
Roly Poly Penguin Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Snowmen in Sweaters Stamps
Snowmen in Sweaters Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Snowmen in Sweaters Dies
Snowmen in Sweaters Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Buffalo Plaid Diagonal Die
Buffalo Plaid Diagonal Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Diagonal & Straight Stripes Stencils
Diagonal & Straight Stripes Stencils
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment