Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Buffalo Plaid Die Focused Card with Tina

Hello crafters, it’s Tina and today I am making a Christmas card with a special background featuring the Buffalo Plaid Diagonal Die. This die makes it very easy to create that extra interest on your cards. And I love that you have options, you can create an embossed look or step it up a notch by using the matching Diagonal and Straight Stripes stencils to add color as I did today. Either way, you will get an awesome result!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Buffalo Plaid Die Focused WInter Holiday Card by Tina Henkens (featuring Diagonal & Straight Stripe Stencils, Reindeer Games, Frilly Frame Dies, Seasonal Trees)

Since I am so ready for the holiday season, I browsed though my stash and found one of my all time favorite stamp sets Reindeer Games. Just looking at that cute Santa with his fluffy friends makes me happy! It was the perfect match for my plaid background.

Starting off with a white card base, I glued on a slightly smaller mat of teal card stock for some contrast. Next, I die cut two panels from white paper with the outer die from the Frilly Frames Chevron set. One panel was used to create a snowbank while I embossed the other one with the Buffalo Plaid Diagonal Die. The result is beautiful as is, but I decided to go for a bit more contrast and added a teal ink by using the matching stencil (Diagonal and Straight Stripes stencils). After adding this piece to my card base, I mounted the snowbank with foam tape.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Buffalo Plaid Die Focused WInter Holiday Card by Tina Henkens (featuring Diagonal & Straight Stripe Stencils, Reindeer Games, Frilly Frame Dies, Seasonal Trees)

For my scene, I selected the Santa and two of his adorable reindeer (Reindeer Games), a few Christmas trees (Seasonal Trees) and some presents (Holiday Express). I used my Copic Markers for all the coloring, and I added some snowy details with a white gel pen.

The sentiment was selected from the fun Deck The Halls set and stamped directly onto the plaid panel with a red ink from my stash. Then it was time to build the scene, starting with the trees in the background, and mounting the other images with foam tape. I used a grey Copic marker to add some shadows in the snow. Three white snowflake die cuts were placed around the sentiment and I embellished them all with a few Pure White Jewels.

Thank you for joining me and I am looking forward to seeing your creations with these fun dies! Happy crafting!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Deck The Halls Stamps
Deck The Halls Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Holiday Express Stamps
Holiday Express Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Holiday Express Dies
Holiday Express Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Chevron Die
Frilly Frames Chevron Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Seasonal Trees Stamps
Seasonal Trees Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Seaonal Trees Dies
Seaonal Trees Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Reindeer Games Stamps
Reindeer Games Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Reindeer Games Dies
Reindeer Games Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Buffalo Plaid Diagonal Die
Buffalo Plaid Diagonal Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Diagonal & Straight Stripes Stencils
Diagonal & Straight Stripes Stencils
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic card!! The "snow" really looks like a heavy snow is falling. The reindeer and Santa are adorable.

    ReplyDelete