Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Buffalo Plaid Diagonal Die Focused Card with Amanda

Hey there, crafty friends! It's Amanda back with another Halloween card to share with you! Are you ready for Halloween?! It's hard to believe it's so close! Keep scrolling and make this card with me!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Buffalo Plaid Die Focused Halloween Card by Amanda Fitterer (featuring Too Cute To Spook, Pumpkin Patch Dies, Diagonal & Straight Stripes Stencils)

For the background, I trimmed 2 pieces of white cardstock to 4"x5.25. I ran both of them through my die cutting machine with the Buffalo Plaid Diagonal Die. I ink blended the bottom portion of one with Catherine Pooler Midnight Ink, concentrating the most ink on the outside and bottom portions.  

Sunny Studio Stamps: Buffalo Plaid Die Focused Halloween Card by Amanda Fitterer (featuring Too Cute To Spook, Pumpkin Patch Dies, Diagonal & Straight Stripes Stencils)

With the other piece, I trimmed off the bottom of it, and then used the Diagonal & Straight Stripes Stencils to ink blend Catherine Pooler's Sixteen Candles, Pixie Dust, Serenade, and Drive-In inks to create this fun purple background. Again, I concentrated the darker inks on the edges and top of the panel. This gives a vignette effect that really pulls your focus to the center of the card! I splattered white paint on the "ground" panel and black paint on the purple panel. I glued both panels together with liquid glue. Then, I glued them to an A2 card base.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Buffalo Plaid Die Focused Halloween Card by Amanda Fitterer (featuring Too Cute To Spook, Pumpkin Patch Dies, Diagonal & Straight Stripes Stencils)

Next, I grabbed the oh-so-versatile Pumpkin Patch Dies and created 3 little pumpkins for my cute Halloween critters. I colored them with Copic markers and added highlights with a white Gelly Roll pen.

Once I had pumpkins all set, I stamped and colored my costumed critters from the Too Cute To Spook Stamps. I had so much fun coloring these little guys with Copic markers! I used the coordinating dies to cut them out. I also stamped my Happy Halloween sentiment and used scissors to cut it out.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Buffalo Plaid Die Focused Halloween Card by Amanda Fitterer (featuring Too Cute To Spook, Pumpkin Patch Dies, Diagonal & Straight Stripes Stencils)

I adhered all my little elements to my card using 3D foam squares. I also added some fun little sequins and sparkles for some more excitement.

Thanks for stopping by the Sunny Studio Stamps Blog today! Hope you find some time to get crafty this week! 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Too Cute To Spook Stamps
Too Cute To Spook Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Too Cute To Spook Dies
Too Cute To Spook Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Pumpkin Patch Dies
Pumpkin Patch Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Buffalo Plaid Diagonal Die
Buffalo Plaid Diagonal Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Diagonal & Straight Stripes Stencils
Diagonal & Straight Stripes Stencils
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. Phenomenally good card! Excellent colors, cut critters, great layout....
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete