Sunday, July 21, 2024

Wild Cherry Die Focused Card with Cathy

Hey friends! Cathy here today with a clean and simple card for you featuring the Wild Cherry Dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Wild Cherry Die Focused Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Frilly Frame Eyelet Lace Dies, Scalloped Oval Mat Dies, Stitched Oval Dies, Brilliant Banner Dies, Punny Fruit Greetings)

I love the look of retro vintage fruit labels and I thought the Wild Cherry Dies would be perfect for this. First, I cut a piece of light aqua cardstock 4 1/2" x 6” and die-cut the piece using the Frilly Frames Eyelet Lace Die (I die-cut it twice to span the entire cardstock piece). I then die-cut the piece with the largest Stitched Rectangle Die and adhered it centered on an A2 card front.

Next, I die-cut the second largest Scalloped Oval Mat 2 Dies from black and white cardstock. I adhered the black oval centered on the card front and inlaid the white circles from the white die-cut oval. I die-cut the third largest Stitched Oval Die from white cardstock and inked the top half lightly with Spun Sugar Distress ink. I then inked a sun ray stencil on the top half of the oval with Spun Sugar applying harder pressure for a subtle effect. I die-cut a piece of paper from the All is Bright Paper using the same Stitched Oval Die, cut across the oval at 1 1/2" and adhered it to the bottom of the inked oval. I then adhered this combined piece to the black oval.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Wild Cherry Die Focused Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Frilly Frame Eyelet Lace Dies, Scalloped Oval Mat Dies, Stitched Oval Dies, Brilliant Banner Dies, Punny Fruit Greetings)

To finish, I die-cut the Brilliant Banner 1 Die from white cardstock and stamped the sentiment using the Punny Fruit Greetings Stamps (I used Memento “LadyBug” ink for the “cherry” sentiment). I also heat embossed the sentiment with clear embossing powder for a little shine. I then inked the banner with Lost Shadow Distress ink and added some shadows with gray Copics. I die-cut the banner again from black cardstock and layered/adhered the two together. I die-cut the cherries from white cardstock and colored them with Copics. Sweet and simple!

I hope you enjoyed and thanks for stopping by today! For more inspiration, please visit my blog www.inkredibleadventures.com and you can also find me on Instagram as @cathy.chapdelaine.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Stitched Rectangle Dies
Stitched Rectangle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Oval Dies
Stitched Oval Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames-Eyelet Lace
Frilly Frames-Eyelet Lace
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scalloped Oval Mat 2 Dies
Scalloped Oval Mat 2 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
All Is Bright Paper
All Is Bright Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Brilliant Banner 1 Dies
Brilliant Banner 1 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Punny Fruit Greetings
Punny Fruit Greetings
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Wild Cherry Dies
Wild Cherry Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment