Thursday, July 4, 2024

Strawberry Patch Card with Marine

Hello crafty friends, Marine here with you today! Happy 4th of July to those who celebrate! How about a refreshing strawberry lemonade to start celebrating this special day? Tempting, right? Let's see how I made this card, shall we? And then I will serve you a drink!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Strawberry Patch Die Focused Card by Marine Simon (featuring Stitched Rectangles Dies, Summer Jar Mug Dies, Crepe Paper Streamers Dies, Brilliant Banner Dies)

I started off by creating my strawberry lemonade using the Summer Jar Mug. And I built it the same way I did on my Rainbow Mermaid Kisses card and my Ladybug Fairies card. Here are the different steps:

1. Cut a jar frame out of holographic cardstock, cut a whole jar out of acetate, and stick the holographic frame on the acetate jar using liquid glue

2. Cut more jar frames out of white cardstock, and attach them on the acetate. The number of extra frames depends on the thickness of the shaker accessories. For my fake ice cubes, strawberry clay slices and confetti, I cut and attached eight extra jar frames

3. Cut a whole jar out of a pinkish pattern paper

4. Pour the shaker accessories on the acetate

5. Attach the pinkish jar to the jar frame to totally close the shaker

Sunny Studio Stamps: Strawberry Patch Die Focused Card by Marine Simon (featuring Stitched Rectangles Dies, Summer Jar Mug Dies, Crepe Paper Streamers Dies, Brilliant Banner Dies)

I cut a Strathmore bristol smooth panel using the largest Stitched Rectangle die, and colored it using oxide inks. I started off by creating a base using, from top to bottom, prize ribbon + salty ocean + tumbled glass oxide inks. Next I used a sunray stencil from my stash along with, from top to bottom, chipped sapphire + prize ribbon + salty ocean oxide inks to create a beautiful pattern on my panel. As always, I added texture to my background, starting with water droplets that I dried using a paper towel. I mixed some black soot oxide ink with water, and used a small brush to make more splatters on my panel, and then did the same with copic opaque white ink. And to bring an extra 4th of July touch, I used a starry stencil from my stash along with white paste to add white stars all over my panel.

Next I cut all the bits and pieces out of colored cardstock: the strawberries, paper streamers, stems, etc. So here is a detailed list of the products I used: • Strawberry Patch - strawberries, leaves, stems, flowers • Summer Jar Mug - parasol, ice cubes, lemon slice, straws • Crepe Paper Streamers. And I cut the parasol out of a Surprise Party red starry pattern paper.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Strawberry Patch Die Focused Card by Marine Simon (featuring Stitched Rectangles Dies, Summer Jar Mug Dies, Crepe Paper Streamers Dies, Brilliant Banner Dies)

I attached my strawberry lemonade on the panel first, using liquid glue, and then all the pieces using 1mm and 2mm foam squares, liquid glue and 3mm glue dots. I white heat embossed my "Wishing you a happy day" greeting from Panda Party on a light blue Brilliant Banner 1 that I attached below the mug using foam squares again, attached my panel to a larger white panel, and to a larger Very Merry red stripe panel using double sided tape.

I added highlights and details to the die-cut pieces using a white gel pen, glued a few iridescent mini star confetti on the background, and added a white blizzard nuvo drop in the center of each flower to make them shine. And that's it! 

This was a very fun card to make, I hope that you like it. Now, who wants a drink? Thanks so much for stopping by, and see you next time.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Stitched Rectangle Dies
Stitched Rectangle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Surprise Party 6x6 Paper
Surprise Party 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Very Merry 6x6 Paper
Very Merry 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Panda Party Stamps
Panda Party Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Panda Party Dies
Panda Party Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Crepe Paper Streamers Dies
Crepe Paper Streamers Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Brilliant Banner 1 Dies
Brilliant Banner 1 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Strawberry Patch Dies
Strawberry Patch Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Summer Jar Mug Dies
Summer Jar Mug Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. What a bright and happy card! I just love it all! Thank you for the inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete