Friday, July 26, 2024

Strawberry Patch Die Focused Card with Nicky

Hello there, this is Nicky with you today on the blog and I'm sharing a circular card, featuring our Strawberry Patch Diesthat was inspired by a photo I saw online of a cake decorated with fresh strawberries including the leaves and flowers.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Strawberry Patch Die Focused Card by Nicky Meeks (featuring Punny Fruit Greetings)

To create this card I die cut two large circles of white cardstock which would form the front and back of my card base. With the back panel, I cut a sliver off at what would be the bottom so that it would stand up without rolling around when it was being displayed and at the top I scored a line that would form a 'hinge' and above the line I added ScorPal tape and then adhered the front and back panels together.

I did some soft ink blending on the front panel using Blush Pink ink by The Stamp Market. I splattered on some water and blotted it up then dotted in a little interest with Copic markers just to distress it a little.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Strawberry Patch Die Focused Card by Nicky Meeks (featuring Punny Fruit Greetings)

I used the Strawberry Patch Dies to die cut sturdy white cardstock and made a juicy pile of strawberries by ink blending the parts. I used Lipstick Red and Gumdrop by The Stamp Market to blend. I then began building a 'wreath' of strawberries and their leaves around the edge of the 'cake' that I had been inspired by.  Building and gluing until I had gone all the way around and then for balance I tucked in the odd extra leaf or two and then added the little flowers.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Strawberry Patch Die Focused Card by Nicky Meeks (featuring Punny Fruit Greetings)

To finish it up I grabbed the Punny Fruit Greetings stamp set and some black sentiment strips. I stamped the sentiment with Versamark Ink and heat embossed in white and added these strips to the centre of the cake using dimensional foam tape.

Last but not least, I stamped around the sentiments using 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation impressions of the little heart included in the sentiment stamp set and the same Lipstick Red ink I had blended the strawberries with. Card done! Slice of cake anyone?

Thanks for reading the blog today and I'll see you next Friday with something new.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Punny Fruit Greetings
Punny Fruit Greetings
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Strawberry Patch Dies
Strawberry Patch Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

2 comments:

  1. Such beautiful and sweet card, it looks as I'm looking at a strawberry pie on top. Yummie ;)
    Greetings Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic! I also think it’s cool how you got the inspiration to make it. I wish my brain worked that way. Instead, I find my inspiration from uber-talented people like you! Again, awesome job on this card!!

    ReplyDelete