Friday, July 19, 2024

Designer's Choice: Cupcake Shape Die Focused Card with Nicky

Hello! This is Nicky with you on the Sunny blog today with a birthday card that uses the Cupcake Shape Dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cupcake Shape Die Focused Birthday Cat Card by Nicky Meeks (featuring Chloe Alphabet Dies)

To create this card, I took some sturdy white cardstock and I die cut the largest (outline) die twice because these pieces would form the front and back of the card. I used scissors to trim off the merest sliver from the bottom of the back cupcake panel so that the card wouldn't rock when it was standing upright on display. Also with this back panel I scored a line close to the top and applied ScorPal tape to the little section above the scored line and adhered the front and back of the card forms together. I then die cut most of the other elements from the die set from the same white cardstock and I began to colour all of the elements using Copic markers.

Cupcake Liner - RV17, RV06, RV13, RV21, RV000, RV0000
Cupcake Icing - E31, E51, E50
Cherry & Heart - R59, R39, R29, R27, R24
Cake - E24, E43, E42
Candle - RV21, W1, W0, W00, Y38, Y17, Y06

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cupcake Shape Die Focused Birthday Cat Card by Nicky Meeks (featuring Chloe Alphabet Dies)

I glued the coloured elements to the front of the card base and attached the heart, candle and cherry with foam tape. I die cut the sentiment using the Chloe Alphabet Die from white then gold cardstock and adhered the letters together slightly offset for a white 'shadow' and then glued the sentiment in place.

To finish the card I stamped the 'wish you a' portion of the sentiment in Versamark Ink and heat embossed in white and added the strip with foam tape.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cupcake Shape Die Focused Birthday Cat Card by Nicky Meeks (featuring Chloe Alphabet Dies)

I stamped the cat of my choosing from Birthday Cat with black ink and made her to be a ginger tabby by colouring with Copics in YR24, Y26, YR20 and E00. I die cut the image with the Birthday Cat Dies and applied the image with more foam tape.

Last but by no means least, I applied some blobs of glue in several places on the icing and then scattered on some multi-coloured embellishments from my stash. I tapped off any excess and then the card was complete.

See you next Friday with something new and thanks for stopping by to read today.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Chloe Alphabet Dies
Chloe Alphabet Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cupcake Shape Dies
Cupcake Shape Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Birthday Cat Stamps
Birthday Cat Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Birthday Cat Dies
Birthday Cat Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment