Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Breakfast Puns Cards with Laura

Hey everyone! It's Laura Vegas here, filling in on the blog for today. I'm sharing a set of clean and simple Breakfast Puns cards that I created for today's post. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Breakfast Puns Cards by Laura Vegas (featuring Fancy Frame Dies, Lots of Dots Embossing Folder, Notebook Photo Corner Dies)

I'm not much of a stamper, so when I do stamp, it's pretty basic. I never really think to use images, sticking more to sentiments and basic shapes, as I wouldn't know where to begin coloring those fun images. The more I thought about it, I realized that I could easily work a single image into my clean and simple card making style, using just black ink and no coloring.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Breakfast Puns Cards by Laura Vegas (featuring Fancy Frame Dies, Lots of Dots Embossing Folder, Notebook Photo Corner Dies)

To get my cards started, I selected patterned papers for the background of each card, using both the Polka-Dot Parade paper pack and the Dots & Stripes Jewel Tones paper pack. I cut a slightly smaller piece of white cardstock for each card, embossed them using the Lots of Dots embossing folder, spritzed them with a little bit of black misting spray, and adhered them to the center of each card. I machine stitched along the edges of the white embossed cardstock, since I love how some simple machine stitching can add a finished look to a card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Breakfast Puns Cards by Laura Vegas (featuring Fancy Frame Dies, Lots of Dots Embossing Folder, Notebook Photo Corner Dies)

I stamped each of my Breakfast Puns images onto a small square of white cardstock, and added the smallest of the Fancy Frame Square dies on top to frame the image. I then adhered each of the framed images to a square piece of textured black cardstock and adhered each to my card bases. Sure, these images would look SO much cuter colored - but I'm a huge fan of black and white in general, and I actually love the simplicity of leaving them un-colored.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Breakfast Puns Cards by Laura Vegas (featuring Fancy Frame Dies, Lots of Dots Embossing Folder, Notebook Photo Corner Dies)

I die cut banners from black cardstock using the Notebook Photo Corner dies, and heat embossed my sentiments with white embossing powder on each. I adhered these sentiment banners to each card to finish them off. 

I hope for anyone out there seeing these that don't consider themselves to be stampers, or don't know how they would use all of the amazing and fun images without learning how to color them - that this simple idea of just stamping images in black ink and calling them "done" gives you ideas of how to incorporate more stamps into your cardmaking and other paper crafting projects. Thanks for letting me hang with you on the blog today!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Breakfast Puns Stamps
Breakfast Puns Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fancy Frames-Square Dies
Fancy Frames-Square Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Polka-dot Parade 6x6 Paper
Polka-dot Parade 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Dots & Stripes Jewel Tones 6x6 Paper
Dots & Stripes Jewel Tones 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Lots of Dots Embossing
Lots of Dots Embossing
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Notebook Photo Corners Dies
Notebook Photo Corners Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: