Monday, July 15, 2024

Designer's Choice: Little Birdie Card with Leanne

Hi there! Leanne here with a tweet card design to share featuring super cute images from the Little Birdie stamp set

Sunny Studio Stamps: Little Birdie Card by Leanne West (featuring Scalloped Square Dies)

You may have noticed right away that the backdrop for my birdie scene is a fun grid style layout of partial scalloped squares. I wanted to do something different than the usual plain ink blended background. I used the Scalloped Squares 1 Small die set to cut out four. I masked off the scalloped edge with tape and lightly blended blue ink to the center of each square.

Then I just played around with the arrangement so the squares would mostly fill my A2 sized kraft card. I trimmed off the two outer sides of each square so there would be a little space between them and the edge of the card base. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Little Birdie Card by Leanne West (featuring Scalloped Square Dies)

I used images from Little Birdie and Chickie Baby (the tiny flowers) to create the scene.  I Copic colored the images with the following: B41, B45, B97, YG11, YG13, YG17, YG61, YG63, R21, R35, R39, W1, W3, W4, W6

Once I had all the images in place, I stamped the words to fill in the open spaces on the squares. These words are included in the Little Birdie set

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Chickie Baby Stamps
Chickie Baby Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Chickie Baby Dies
Chickie Baby Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Little Birdie Stamps
Little Birdie Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Little Birdie Dies
Little Birdie Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scalloped Square 1 Small Die
Scalloped Square 1 Small Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment