Friday, September 8, 2023

Turkey Day Card with Tina

Hello crafty friends, it’s Tina with a sweet fall card for you today! This project is all about fun colors going for an autumnal look. The star of the show are the adorable cuties from the Turkey Day stamp and die setSunny Studio Stamps has lots of amazing fall sets, I combined the sweet turkeys with extra pumpkins, corn and cornstalks from Harvest Mice and Fall Friends.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Turkey Day Fall Themed Card by Tina Henkens (featuring Autumn Greetings, Fall Friends, Harvest Mice)

After stamping and die cutting all the images I colored them with my Copic markers. I always stamp extras in case I want to change anything. The best part of card making is to follow your creative ideas and have fun with unexpected color combo’s. In this case I went with purple for the tail feathers and some of the pumpkins. I selected a scalloped square die from my stash and cut a panel from white Neenah paper.

Next, I masked of the top part with posted tape so I could ink the ‘ground’ portion with a combination of Antique Linen and Scattered Straw Distress Oxides. I added some water splatters and used a brown Copic for extra details. As always, I put highlights where needed with a white gel pen.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Turkey Day Fall Themed Card by Tina Henkens (featuring Autumn Greetings, Fall Friends, Harvest Mice)

The big bold sentiment from Autumn Greetings was stamped directly to the card panel with my go to black Versafine ink. After adhering this panel to a purple square card base, I was ready to create my little scene.

I used foam tape for the cute turkeys and some of the pumpkins and corn. Lastly, I added the cornstalks in the back and glued them to the panel with liquid glue. I had to cut some of them shorter, but I found it easier to see where to place them when all the other images were already adhered. A few Bright Jewels in a purple tone were scattered around the sentiment to give the card that extra bling.   

I hope you’ll have fun playing with this adorable set, happy crafting!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Fall Friends Stamps
Fall Friends Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fall Friends Dies
Fall Friends Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Autumn Greetings Stamps
Autumn Greetings Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Harvest Mice Stamps
Harvest Mice Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Harvest Mice Dies
Harvest Mice Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Turkey Day Stamps
Turkey Day Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Turkey Day Dies
Turkey Day Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. Very cute and love the colors, I've been making a few turkey cards myself, must be the cooler temps that have drive me to it LOL!!

    ReplyDelete