Thursday, September 14, 2023

Turkey Day Card with Marine

Hello crafty friends, Marine here with you today, so happy to be back with this cute 3D card showcasing the fun turkeys from Turkey Day. I really enjoyed making them super colorful! And just this once, I didn't pick a lot of extra images from other sets, only the mushroom from Happy Harvest, as well as the acorn and the stump from Fall Friends. Nothing more, how shocking, right?

Sunny Studio Stamps: Turkey Day Fall Themed Card by Marine Simon (featuring Brilliant Banners)

I started off by stamping all the images on Transotype perfect coloring paper using an alcohol marker friendly black ink, I cut them all using the coordinating dies, and as always I used my alcohol markers to color everything. And like I said above, I went for colorful turkeys, I kept the bodies pretty neutral, but picked green, red, orange and yellow for the feather tails!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Turkey Day Fall Themed Card by Marine Simon (featuring Brilliant Banners)

Next I worked on the card, and cut all the base elements out of kraft cardstock. I also cut some decorative pieces out of pattern papers:

• the yellow gingham back panel is from the Gingham Jewel Tones paper pack

• the green knitted insert pieces are from the Sweater Weather paper pack

• the red side pieces are from the Very Merry paper pack

• the wooden textured front piece is from the Amazing Argyle paper pack

Sunny Studio Stamps: Turkey Day Fall Themed Card by Marine Simon (featuring Brilliant Banners)

I attached those decorative pieces of paper on the kraft base using 1mm foam squares, and then stuck all my images inside the 3D card using 3mm glue dots and liquid glue, and also on the outside using 1mm foam squares. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Turkey Day Fall Themed Card by Marine Simon (featuring Brilliant Banners)

I didn't want my sentiment to be lost among all those images, so I went for the Brilliant Banner 1 which I knew would stand out. I cut the two largest pieces out of yellow cardstock, and the two small pieces out of a darker yellow paper. I white heat embossed the "Happy Fall Y'all" greeting from Turkey Day on the piece with no fishtail, assembled the different elements using 1mm foam squares and liquid glue, and then attached the banner on the front of the card.

And that's it! I absolutely adore those turkeys, they're so adorable, and you can color them in so many different ways! I hope that you like this card! Thanks so much for stopping by, and see you next week!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Fall Friends Stamps
Fall Friends Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fall Friends Dies
Fall Friends Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Gingham Jewel Tones 6x6 Paper
Gingham Jewel Tones 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Amazing Argyle 6x6 Paper
Amazing Argyle 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Happy Harvest Stamps
Happy Harvest Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Happy Harvest Dies
Happy Harvest Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Very Merry 6x6 Paper
Very Merry 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sweater Weather Paper
Sweater Weather Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Brilliant Banner 1 Dies
Brilliant Banner 1 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Turkey Day Stamps
Turkey Day Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Turkey Day Dies
Turkey Day Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

2 comments:

  1. This may be the prettiest and cutest Thanksgiving card I've ever seen ... although it was intended as a Happy Fall card. Marine, it's FANTASTIC!!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute and love all the colorful turkeys!!

    ReplyDelete