Sunday, September 24, 2023

Guest Designer Spotlight: Cards with Hanh Nguyen

Sunny Studio Stamps: Woolen Mittens & Truckloads of Fun Christmas Cards by Hanh Nguyen

Hello, Crafty Friends! This is Hanh Nguyen here with you. I am so thrilled to be Guest Designing for Sunny Studio and celebrating the newest Fall/Holiday Release. I can't believe that we are 3 short months away from Christmas! I absolutely love Christmas and have two holiday projects to share with you today.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Truckloads of Fun Christmas Card by Hanh Nguyen (featuring Dashing Dachshund, Slimline Dies, Scenic Route)

My first project is a mini slimline pop-up box card featuring these adorable images for the new Truckloads of Love and Dashing Dachshund sets. This Truckload is so versatile with images that are just perfect for so many different occasions. I also used one of the scenes from the Scenic Route set for my background.

I stamped the images onto a piece of Neenah Solar White 110 lb card stock. I colored the images with Copic markers and accented them with gel pens. I used the coordinating Truckloads of LoveDie Set and Dashing DachshundDie Set to cut them out.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Truckloads of Fun Christmas Card by Hanh Nguyen (featuring Dashing Dachshund, Slimline Dies, Scenic Route)

COPIC COLORS:
Truck: R22/24/29, T0/1, T7/9, Y08, B0000
Husky: T1/3/5, T0, R00/20, T5
Fox: YR20/21 Y17/38 YR16/27, T0, R00/20, T5
Dachshund: E51/53/33/35
Santa's Hat: R22/24/29, T0
Trees: YG01/03/17
Presents: B000, R22/24
Snow: B0000

I created a boxcard from one panel (5.5" x 4.5") and two strips (7.5" x 1.25") of red cardstock. I scored the strips at the 1.5" and 7" marks. The box card measures 4.5" x 7" when folded. I made some snowy hill shelves using one of the dies from the Slimline NatureBorders Die set. I colored the edge lightly with a Copic marker. I ink-blended the blue background with some Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink and added snow with a white gel pen. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Truckloads of Fun Christmas Card by Hanh Nguyen (featuring Dashing Dachshund, Slimline Dies, Scenic Route)

For the sentiment, I combined sentiments from the Truckloads of Love set with one from the Feeling Frosty set. I stamped some snowflakes from the Dashing Dachshund set with the same Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink. 

I assembled the box card and adhered all of my colored images with liquid adhesive. I also added some large snowflakes that I die-cut from the new Woolen Mittens Dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Woolen Mittens Christmas Card by Hanh Nguyen (featuring Inside Greetings - Holiday)

My second card is a shaped card that I created with the Woolen Mittens Die set. This is such a fun set and has so many possibilities. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Woolen Mittens Christmas Card by Hanh Nguyen (featuring Inside Greetings - Holiday)

I die-cut the mitten once out of red cardstock and once out of a white A2 card base (the die was placed slightly beyond the fold line to preserve the fold). I also die-cut some snowflakes, holly leaves, and berries for the decorations. I lightly colored the edges of the die cut with matching Copic markers and added highlights with a white gel pen for some interest and dimension. I decorated the red mitten. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Woolen Mittens Christmas Card by Hanh Nguyen (featuring Inside Greetings - Holiday)

Next, I stamped a sentiment from the Inside Greetings - Holiday Set onto the inside of the card base before adhering the red mitten to the front. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Woolen Mittens & Truckloads of Fun Christmas Cards by Hanh Nguyen

I had so much fun playing with these sets and truly appreciated this amazing opportunity to Guest Design for Sunny Studio Stamps. 

As always, I appreciate you taking the time to stop by and visit today. I hope you like my card. Please also visit my INSTAGRAM feed for more inspiration. Have a wonderful and crafty day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used: 

Feeling Frosty Stamps
Feeling Frosty Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scenic Route Stamps
Scenic Route Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scenic Route Dies
Scenic Route Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Nature Borders
Slimline Nature Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Inside Greetings-Holidays
Inside Greetings-Holidays
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Woolen Mitten Dies
Woolen Mitten Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Dashing Dachshund Stamps
Dashing Dachshund Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Dashing Dachshund Dies
Dashing Dachshund Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Truckloads of Love Stamps
Truckloads of Love Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Truckloads of Love Dies
Truckloads of Love Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: