Friday, September 23, 2022

Too Cute to Spook Cards with Tina and Vanessa

Hello crafty friends, it’s Tina with some spooky Halloween projects for you today! Making these is a lot of fun, you can really go overboard with the color schemes and designs. The new stamp set Too Cute To Spook is just super adorable and I love that there are matching dies as well!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Too Cute To Spook Card and Tag by Tina (featuring Stitched Arch dies, Mini Mat & Tag Dies)

First, I created a card using the cute critters and then added the other sweet images to some tags. For the card I cut a square panel from some Neenah Solar White 110 Lb Card Stock. I placed a circle stencil from my stash in the middle of this panel to mask of the moon and did some Distress Oxide ink blending using Squeezed Lemonade, Shaded Lilac, and Villainous Potion. Next, with the stencil still in place, I splattered some water onto the background.

Once the panel was dry, I removed the stencil and added some detail to the moon using the same Squeezed Lemonade as before.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Too Cute To Spook Card and Tag by Tina (featuring Stitched Arch dies, Mini Mat & Tag Dies)

To create some depth in the design I die cut an arch into the panel with the largest of the Stitched Arch Dies. I also made two  grassy borders out of black card stock and white heat embossed a sentiment from the Too Cute To Spook stamp set onto one of them.

After stamping and die cutting all my images, I colored them with my Copic markers in traditional Halloween colors and added some details with my white gel pen.

To assemble this card, I first glued the arch to a card base with liquid glue. Next, I added the rest of the background panel with foam tape to create some dimension. Then, I adhered the grassy borders and all my images, some of them popped up with tape as well. A few sequins from the Jewels Pastel Mix delivered the perfect subtle bling!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Too Cute To Spook Card and Tag by Tina (featuring Stitched Arch dies, Mini Mat & Tag Dies)

The tags were cut with the new tag shapes from the Mini Mat & Tag 1 and Mini Mat & Tag 4 sets. I used the same color palette as for the card and added the images with foam tape.

I hope you like these spooky projects and will enjoy creating with this adorable set as much as I did! Happy crafting!

-----------------------------------------------

Hello to you! Vanessa here with a pink Halloween treat box set using the Too Cute To Spook set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Too Cute To Spook Treat Box by Vanessa Menhorn (featuring Fancy Frame Square Dies, Scalloped Circle Mat Dies, Scalloped Tag Square Dies, Window Quad Square Dies)

The boxes were made with an envelope punch board and are 5,5 x 5,5 cm each to hold a small chocolate bar. I trimmed the cardstock 11,9 x 11,9 cm and scored the pieces at 4,9 cm and 7 cm from each side. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Too Cute To Spook Treat Box by Vanessa Menhorn (featuring Fancy Frame Square Dies, Scalloped Circle Mat Dies, Scalloped Tag Square Dies, Window Quad Square Dies)

After I had assembled the boxes, I trimmed the lids to make it possible to tuck it into the box. Now I stamped all the images, colored everything with Copics and die-cut the pieces with the matching dies. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Too Cute To Spook Treat Box by Vanessa Menhorn (featuring Fancy Frame Square Dies, Scalloped Circle Mat Dies, Scalloped Tag Square Dies, Window Quad Square Dies)

Here comes a list of the used products:
Too Cute To Spook stamps + dies
Fancy Frames Square Dies
Scalloped Circle Mat 1 Dies
Scalloped Tag Square Dies
Window Quad Square Dies

Sunny Studio Stamps: Too Cute To Spook Treat Box by Vanessa Menhorn (featuring Fancy Frame Square Dies, Scalloped Circle Mat Dies, Scalloped Tag Square Dies, Window Quad Square Dies)

I die-cut tiny tags, frames and scalloped circles from cardstock and adhered the elements to the boxes after tying on black twine for the closure. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Too Cute To Spook Treat Box by Vanessa Menhorn (featuring Fancy Frame Square Dies, Scalloped Circle Mat Dies, Scalloped Tag Square Dies, Window Quad Square Dies)

How about a pink bat? Onto the tiny tags, I stamped the sentiment and added pink baker's twine.

Have a lovely weekend, my friends! Thanks for stopping by today!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Fancy Frames-Square Dies
Fancy Frames-Square Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scalloped Tags-Square
Scalloped Tags-Square
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Arch Dies
Stitched Arch Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Window Quad Square Die
Window Quad Square Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scalloped Circle Mat 1 Dies
Scalloped Circle Mat 1 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Too Cute To Spook Stamps
Too Cute To Spook Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Too Cute To Spook Dies
Too Cute To Spook Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Mini Mat & Tag 1 Dies
Mini Mat & Tag 1 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Mini Mat & Tag 4 Dies
Mini Mat & Tag 4 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment