Saturday, September 3, 2022

Guest Designer Spotlight: Cards with Leanne West

Hello and happy September! Leanne here with you today. We are just a few weeks away from the official start of fall and I can't wait! In the mean time, I enjoyed creating a couple of fall cards in anticipation of sweater weather and pumpkin spice lattes.  

Sunny Studio Stamps: Pumpkin Patch Dies and Autumn Tree Dies Focused Fall Themed Cards by Leanne West

I've used two new standalone die sets to help build my scenes - Pumpkin Patch and Autumn Tree. I just love a card with lots of layers and texture. These new die sets made it so easy to achieve that. 

Both of my cards started out with the same ink blended background which is a combination of Tattered Rose and Saltwater Taffy Distress Oxide Inks. I then added a khaki green die cut grassy hill to each.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Pumpkin Patch Dies and Autumn Tree Dies Focused Fall Themed Cards by Leanne West

To make the pumpkins and Jack-o-lanterns, I die cut the pieces from light orange card stock. For shading on each piece, I used Carved Pumping, Vintage Photo, and Peeled Paint Oxide Ink. The shading is important because I feel this really gives the pumpkins more dimension when the pieces are all layered together. For the Jack-o-lanterns, I die cut the faces into the top pumpkin layer and backed it with black card stock. The face pieces are tiny and I felt this was the easiest way to assemble them. 

After I had the pumpkins and tree placed into the scene, I used lots of leaves for embellishment. I die cut the leaves from white card stock. I used a small blending brush with Shabby Shutters, Carved Pumpkin, Vintage Photo, and Peeled Paint Oxide Inks to color them. I scattered the leaves on the tree and pumpkins and even some in the air on the Happy Fall card. The little dashed lines have been stamped. These stamps come from the Backyard Bugs set. They are meant for bug trails but work just as well for blowing leaves. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Pumpkin Patch Dies and Autumn Tree Dies Focused Fall Themed Cards by Leanne West

For the Halloween card I added the stamped sentiment and tiny spider. These are from a new set called Too Cute To Spook. I hand drew the line the spider is hanging from. For the fall card, I added a part stamped, part die cut greeting. Happy Thoughts and the Chloe Alphabet were the sets I used. Finally to complete my cards, I added some frames. I wanted these frames to be fairly thin so they wouldn't cover up too much of the scenes. I used two different Frilly Frames dies - Chevron & Stripes. With a craft knife and straight edge, I was able to thin the sides of each frame.   

I hope my cards have inspired you to get started on your fall projects. Thanks for stopping by! 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Backyard Bugs Dies
Backyard Bugs Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Backyard Bugs Stamps
Backyard Bugs Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Chloe Alphabet Dies
Chloe Alphabet Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Happy Thoughts Stamps
Happy Thoughts Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Chevron Die
Frilly Frames Chevron Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Too Cute To Spook Stamps
Too Cute To Spook Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Too Cute To Spook Dies
Too Cute To Spook Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Autumn Tree Die
Autumn Tree Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Pumpkin Patch Dies
Pumpkin Patch Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. These cards are fantastic - so beautifully done!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete