Saturday, September 17, 2022

Guest Designer Spotlight: Cards with Gladys Marcelino

Hi friends! Gladys here and I'm so happy to be back on the blog to share projects using awesome new products from the Fall & Winter 2022 release.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Pumpkin Patch Die Fall Card by Gladys Marcelino

For my first project I was very excited to use the Pumpkin Patch dies because I love creating cards using die cuts only. However I can see this set work really well with stamp sets too. I also liked these dies because you can make it dimensional. I cut them out from colored cardstock using some non-traditional autumn colors. I used distress oxide inks to add depth and white paint splatters for more interest.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Pumpkin Patch Die Fall Card by Gladys Marcelino

For the background I used a scalloped slimline die to cut from white cardstock. I blended salvaged patina on the panel then adhered it onto brown plaid paper from the Critter Country paper pack. I stamped a sentiment from Happy Harvest and highlights with white gel pen to complete the card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Too Cute to Spook Card by Gladys Marcelino

For my second project I used the adorable Too Cute To Spook stamp set to make a Halloween card. This set is full of trick or treaters in their cute little costumes. I stamped a bunch of the images and colored them with alcohol markers. Again, I used non-traditional Halloween colors. I used the coordinating dies to cut them out.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Too Cute to Spook Card by Gladys Marcelino

Next I used the mini slimline outside-the-box dies from My Favorite Things to cut the base panels from black cardstock. I also used the grassy hills dies cut from dark green cardstock. For the background I used a small circle die to cut from masking paper to create the moon. I ink blended the sky on Bristol smooth cardstock using shaded lilac and blueprint sketch distress oxide inks.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Too Cute to Spook Card by Gladys Marcelino

I assembled the box card and adhered the images on the grass and all sides of the box. I also popped the bat on acetate so it's flying in front of the moon. Finally I white heat embossed the sentiment onto vellum.

I hope you liked my projects using the latest release. Thank you so much for joining me and I wish you all a wonderful day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Happy Harvest Stamps
Happy Harvest Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Too Cute To Spook Stamps
Too Cute To Spook Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Too Cute To Spook Dies
Too Cute To Spook Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Pumpkin Patch Dies
Pumpkin Patch Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Critter Country Paper
Critter Country Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment