Monday, September 19, 2022

Squirrel Friends Cards with Cathy and Bobbi

Hey friends! Cathy here today with a Squirrel Friends focused card featuring one of my favorite sweet little squirrels from this stamp set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Squirrel Friends Autumn Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Bursting Heart Dies, Stitched Arch Dies, Mini Mat & Tag Dies, Autumn Greenery)

Since I wanted this adorable little friend to take center stage, I went with a more abstract design on this card. First, I die-cut a piece of white cardstock using the Bursting Hearts Die and adhered it to a peach A2 card base. I then die-cut a piece of dark brown cardstock using one of the Stitched Arch Dies and adhered it to the center of the card front about 1/2" from the top edge. I cut a brown paper from the Critter Country Paper  2” x 4 1/4" and adhered it to the bottom of the card front.

Next, I die-cut a tag from light gray cardstock using the Mini Mat & Tag 2 Dies and adhered it to the Stitched Arch die-cut. I love how this tag fits perfectly inside the arch for a matted look. (I did not apply adhesive along the scalloped edge in order to tuck the leaves underneath) I die-cut the leaves from dark brown cardstock and a copper metallic cardstock using the Autumn Greenery Dies and adhered them on the paper tucking them slightly under the scalloped edge of the tag.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Squirrel Friends Autumn Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Bursting Heart Dies, Stitched Arch Dies, Mini Mat & Tag Dies, Autumn Greenery)

I stamped the squirrel on Neenah Classic Crest 80lb solar white cardstock, masked the image and stamped the tree stump. I also stamped 4 individual acorns. After coloring the images with Copics, I fussy cut out all of them. Rather than stamping and masking the acorns inside the tree stump, I found it easier to cut a small slit along the bottom of the hole in the stump using a craft knife and then tucked the acorns inside. I adhered the images to the gray tag making sure to cover the small hole at the top of the tag that the die cuts by placing the image so that the squirrel’s tail covered it up. To finish, I die-cut a piece of dark brown cardstock using a banner die from the Stitched Rectangle Dies, heat embossed the sentiment and adhered it along the bottom of the tag above the scalloped edge.

I hope you enjoyed and thanks for stopping by today! For more inspiration, please visit my blog www.inkredibleadventures.com and you can also find me on Instagram as @cathy.chapdelaine.

--------------------------------------------

Hello Sunny friends! It’s Bobbi here with a sweet fall card featuring the new Squirrel Friends stamp set and coordinating dies. This set is for all you fun and nutty crafters that love these big-tail cuties! I made this 5″ X 7″ card quickly by using one of the scene papers from the Critter Country 6″ X 6″ paper pad.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Squirrel Friends Autumn Card by Bobbi Lemanski

To make this card, I cut the pretty scene paper down to 5″ wide X 6″ tall and attached it to an A7 card base made from white cardstock. To cover the bottom of the front panel, I added a 1″ strip of multi-color striped, coordinating paper from the same pack. I stamped and heat embossed in white, the “nut-thing” phrase from the stamp set. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Squirrel Friends Autumn Card by Bobbi Lemanski

I stamped, die-cut and colored the tree trunk, two squirrels, four acorns, and some leaves and added them to the scene setting. I made the squirrels into red squirrels using Copic Markers in YR27, Yr24, YR21, E57, E55 and E44. For the trunk, I stamped and cut out two (one trunk with a hole) and attached them together with foam tabs, leaving room to tuck in the sweet squirrel with the acorn in hand. I added the second squirrel to the tall tree with another acorn. A few black specks in the air and some nuts and leaves around the tree trunk finish this card.

Thanks for stopping by today. If you want to see more ideas and inspiration from me, subscribe to my blog, BobbiHartDesign.com. I’ll send you updates on new posts! You can also find me on Instagram as @BobbiHartDesign and on Facebook as BobbiHartDesign. Bobbi Hartmann Lemanski, Bobbi Hart♥ Design, Adding h♥art into every design.


Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Stitched Rectangle Dies
Stitched Rectangle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Arch Dies
Stitched Arch Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bursting Heart Die
Bursting Heart Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Squirrel Friends Stamps
Squirrel Friends Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Squirrel Friends Dies
Squirrel Friends Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Autumn Greenery Dies
Autumn Greenery Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Mini Mat & Tag 2 Dies
Mini Mat & Tag 2 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Critter Country Paper
Critter Country Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment