Monday, September 26, 2022

Pumpkin Patch Die Focused Cards with Bobbi and Cathy

Hello crafty friends! It’s Bobbi here with a pretty patch of watercolor pumpkins. I love working with watercolors and when I have small pieces left over, I put them in a box to use later. For this card, I used many bits and pieces of my watercolor scraps to make these pretty pumpkins and leaves. I’m using the Pumpkin Patch dies for this 5″ X 7″ card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Pumpkin Patch Die Focused Cards by Bobbi Lemanski

To create this card, I added a wash of aquas, yellows and oranges on a strip of watercolor paper and adhered it to my white card base, front panel. I like the non-traditional colors of this backdrop. I added 1/8″ strips of white cardstock on the top and bottom of the strip for a clean finish.

For the pumpkins, leaves and vines, I die cut them from various scrap pieces that blended well with the watercolor background I chose. I love the deep orange colors with the soft, light blends. The contrast makes the card more interesting.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Pumpkin Patch Die Focused Cards by Bobbi Lemanski

These pumpkin dies include three layers for each fruit in the set. I glued the two bottom layers together and used a foam tab under the top layer to make the pumpkins dimensional. This also allowed me to tuck a leaf or two in between the layers, too.

I attached all three pumpkins in a row, at the bottom of the watercolor strip to ground them. I attached more falling leaves on the front. Lastly, I stamped the phrase from the holiday stamp set, Cozy Christmas. I think it really fits this card. We love putting pumpkins around our house to decorate for fall. I hope you like it!

Thanks for stopping by today. If you want to see more ideas and inspiration from me, subscribe to my blog, BobbiHartDesign.com. I’ll send you updates on new posts! You can also find me on Instagram as @BobbiHartDesign and on Facebook as BobbiHartDesign. Bobbi Hartmann Lemanski, Bobbi Hart♥ Design, Adding h♥art into every design.

-------------------------------------------------

Hey friends! Cathy here today sharing a card on the simpler side with a soft and peaceful feel using the Pumpkin Patch Dies.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Pumpkin Patch Die Focused Cards by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Frilly Frame Dies, Winter Greenery Dies, Autumn Greenery Dies)

 
To start, I die-cut a piece of white cardstock using the frame portion of the Frilly Frames Quatrefoil Dies and the center portion of the Frilly Frames Stripes Dies. I adhered this panel to an ivory A2 card base.

 

Next, I die-cut the pumpkins from Neenah Classic Crest 80lb solar white cardstock and colored them with Copics. I thought it would be fun to make a few different sizes by die-cutting just 2 layers instead of all 3 to form a taller skinnier pumpkin and a small pumpkin. The blue pumpkin is assembled with all 3 layers. I also used the vine die as a stem on the smaller pumpkins for a whimsical look. I love the versatility of these dies!


Sunny Studio Stamps: Pumpkin Patch Die Focused Cards by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Frilly Frame Dies, Winter Greenery Dies, Autumn Greenery Dies)


I die-cut a few leaves to tuck in around the pumpkins from the 
Autumn Greenery Dies and the Winter Greenery Dies from white cardstock. I inked them with Crushed Olive, Tumbled Glass and Old Paper Distress inks and added a few Copic accents to some of the leaves. To finish, I heat embossed a sentiment from the Autumn Greetings Stamps on light gray cardstock and fussy cut around it.


I hope you enjoyed and thanks for stopping by today! For more inspiration, please visit my blog www.inkredibleadventures.com and you can also find me on Instagram as @cathy.chapdelaine.


Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Autumn Greetings Stamps
Autumn Greetings Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Quatrefoil
Frilly Frames Quatrefoil
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Winter Greenery DIes
Winter Greenery DIes
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cozy Christmas Stamps
Cozy Christmas Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Autumn Greenery Dies
Autumn Greenery Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Pumpkin Patch Dies
Pumpkin Patch Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment