Friday, September 9, 2022

Squirrel Friends Cards with Tina and Vanessa

Hello friends, Tina here with a slimline card for you today. Yes, I needed a BIG card to fit as much cuties as I could from the new Squirrel Friends stamp and die set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Squirrel Friends Card by Tina (featuring Woodsy Autumn, Fall Scenes)

To create this scene card, I started off by cutting a slimline card base and rectangle panel both from Neenah Solar White card stock. I used traditional Autumn colors and blended a soft yellow sky with a cloud stencil and Scattered Straw Distress Oxide.

Next, I created a grassy border with a stitched hill side die and did some more ink blending using a mix of Cracked Pistachio end Evergreen Bough Oxides. To add a sweet detail to the card I die cut two white scalloped borders with the Slimline Basic Border DiesAfter stamping a sentiment from the Squirrel Friends stamps set onto the cloud sky, I was ready to start assembling the card.

First, I glued the grassy border to the sky panel with some liquid glue. Next, I adhered the two border strips and finally I attached this whole piece to the card base.

I wanted to create a sweet wood scene for my squirrels to play around. And I noticed that if I cut out the tree from the new Fall Scenes stamp and die set with my scissors, it would match perfectly with the tree from the Woodsy Autumn stamp set. I also added some mushrooms from that set to complete the scene.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Squirrel Friends Card by Tina (featuring Woodsy Autumn, Fall Scenes)

I love that the Squirrel Friends stamps set comes with a tree trunk in which the squirrels can play hide and seek! So, of course I had to include that in my scene too! After stamping and die cutting all my images, I colored them with my Copic markers and added some details with my white gel pen.

Then it was time to create the scene, the images in the background were glued down flat to the panel with liquid glue, those in front I popped up with some foam tape. I had a lot of fun adding the cute squirrels which I had colored in two shades of brown to make them stand out more.

Next, I scattered some colorful leaves and acorns all over the ground. That gave the squirrels the perfect surroundings to have a fun time! For some matching bling, I adhered a few of the Sunny Studio Stamps Gold Jewels with liquid glue around the stamped sentiment.

I hope you like this sweet card and I’ll see you next week!

--------------------------------------------------

Hello to you! Vanessa here with a fun inside window card using the adorable Squirrel Friends set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Squirrel Friends Card by Vanessa Menhorn (featuring Picket Fence Border Dies, Autumn Tree Dies, Chloe Alpha Dies)

I created this card with a regular card base + an inside panel of 14 x 10,5 cm. From this middle panel I die-cut an oval, scored the middle and scored the ends of the window to adhere it to the card. I created a video of the process, you will find more info here.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Squirrel Friends Card by Vanessa Menhorn (featuring Picket Fence Border Dies, Autumn Tree Dies, Chloe Alpha Dies)

I used the following products:
Squirrel Friends stamps + dies
Too Cute To Spook stamps + dies
Harvest Mice stamps + dies
Beautiful Autumn stamps + dies
Autumn Tree Dies
Chloe Alphabet Dies
Picket Fence Border Die
Slimline Nature Borders Dies
Stitched Oval 2 Dies

Sunny Studio Stamps: Squirrel Friends Card by Vanessa Menhorn (featuring Picket Fence Border Dies, Autumn Tree Dies, Chloe Alpha Dies)

The images are all colored with Copics and die-cut with the matching dies. I used Distress Oxide inks to create the background, the grass and the tree tops.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Squirrel Friends Card by Vanessa Menhorn (featuring Picket Fence Border Dies, Autumn Tree Dies, Chloe Alpha Dies)

The front is kept pretty simple, the fun is happening on the inside. Don't you love these fun squirrels? 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Chloe Alphabet Dies
Chloe Alphabet Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Picket Fence Border Dies
Picket Fence Border Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Beautiful Autumn Stamps
Beautiful Autumn Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Beautiful Autumn Dies
Beautiful Autumn Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Woodsy Autumn Stamps
Woodsy Autumn Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Woodsy Autumn Dies
Woodsy Autumn Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Basic Borders
Slimline Basic Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Nature Borders
Slimline Nature Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Harvest Mice Stamps
Harvest Mice Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Harvest Mice Dies
Harvest Mice Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Oval 2 Dies
Stitched Oval 2 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fall Scenes Stamps
Fall Scenes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fall Scenes Dies
Fall Scenes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Squirrel Friends Stamps
Squirrel Friends Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Squirrel Friends Dies
Squirrel Friends Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Too Cute To Spook Stamps
Too Cute To Spook Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Too Cute To Spook Dies
Too Cute To Spook Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Autumn Tree Die
Autumn Tree Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. Hi, SS, Tina and Vanessa - Keep going, folks! I'll buy these cute squirrels yet! These are adorable!! Love the window card, Vanessa.
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete