Thursday, January 27, 2022

Bursting Hearts Die Focused Cards with Anja and Marine

Hi everyone, Anja here and today I'm back with another love themed card using the Bursting Hearts Die. There's so much you can do with this wonderful A2 sized backdrop. I decided to create a monochromatic card with a cute Passionate Penguins couple in the center.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Bursting Heart Card by Anja Bytyqi (featuring Passionate Penquins)

First, I die cut the backdrop from lavender and purple cardstock. I adhered the lavender panel to a white card base using liquid glue. Next, I inlaid some of the purple heart die-cuts into two of the circular rows. and covered the center with a white stitched circle.

I stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored the penguins with Copic Markers. I used the coordinating die to cut out the image. I paper pieced the envelope by stamping the image again onto a piece of patterned paper from the Rainbow Bright Paper pack. I fussy cut it with scissors and adhered it over the first image.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Bursting Heart Card by Anja Bytyqi (featuring Passionate Penquins)

The sentiment from the Critters on the Go set was stamped in VersaMark Ink onto a small black cardstock strip. I heat embossed it with white embossing powder and adhered it to the envelope. Finally, I popped up the image with foam tape.

Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a beautiful day!

-----------------------------------------------

Hello crafty friends, Marine here, back with a new shaker card (I'm obsessed with those cards at the moment!) showcasing the gorgeous Bursting Hearts die. I think this die is self-sufficient, it has a great impact just by itself, you don't need to add a bunch of images to create a beautiful card. This is why I only stamped and colored a cute bear couple from Bear Hugs.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Bursting Heart Card by Marine Simon (featuring Bear Hugs)

To create the background, I cut two panels out of Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock measuring 5,5 x 4,25 inches, and colored both of them in cold and wintery colors using cracked pistachio, peacock feathers, blueprint sketch, chipped sapphire and black soot distress ink. I applied the ink from the lightest to the darkest, starting in the middle of the panel towards the edges.

I like my distress ink panels to have texture so I added a lot. I first added water droplets that I dried using a paper towel. Next I mixed some peacock feathers, blueprint sketch and black soot distress inks with water and added more splatters on the papers. I also splattered some liquid stardust mixed with water for some sparkling accents. And to bring more contrast, I splattered a mix of white ink and water.

Once the panels were dry, I cut a million hearts out of one of them using the Bursting Hearts die, and next I created the shaker pocket. I took a plastic packaging from my stash and cut the four edges to remove the seams and get one single plastic sheet. I added doubled sided tape on the four edges of this plastic sheet, placed the second panel right in the middle, and cut the four corners off the plastic sheet, which will make the final card flat and not bulky at the corners.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Bursting Heart Card by Marine Simon (featuring Bear Hugs)

Next I flipped the panel over and made sure that it was centered in the middle of the plastic sheet, and I attached three of the four tabs. Through the last open tab, I added a whole bunch of Crystal Clear Jewels inside the pocket. I flipped the pocket over and shook it well to spread the jewels, and finally I folded the last tab to close the pocket.

I added some 3mm glue dots at the back of the bursting hearts panel and attached it to the shaker pocket. I white heat embossed my sentiment "Sending you winter hugs" from Bear Hugs on black cardstock, trimmed it into a small banner, and attached it, along with the bear couple, in the middle of the panel using foam squares.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Bursting Heart Card by Marine Simon (featuring Bear Hugs)

I finished my card by attaching my panel on a light blue card base, and as always I added highlights on the images using a white gel pen. And that's it! I hope that you like this new frosty and wintery shaker card. Feel welcome to watch the process video for more details (click on the image above). And I will see you next week with a new card and video! 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Bear Hugs Stamps
Bear Hugs Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bear Hugs Dies
Bear Hugs Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Rainbow Bright 6x6 Paper
Rainbow Bright 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bursting Heart Die
Bursting Heart Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Critters on the Go Stamps
Critters on the Go Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Passionate Penguins Stamps
Passionate Penguins Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Passionate Penguins Dies
Passionate Penguins Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. Marisela Delgado said: Anja, girl.....you are singing my song with that gorgeous purple! Love it! The polar bears (my favorite animal) are wonderful! ☺☺☺ Marisela Delgado mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete