Saturday, December 11, 2021

Guest Designer Spotlight: Holiday Treat Bags with Leanne West

Hello everyone! Leanne here and I have some fun and festive treat bags to share with you all. Every holiday season I look forward to making lots of sweet treats to give to family and friends. I also love to take gift giving to the next level and make cute customized packaging. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Christmas Cookies & Christmas Critters Holiday Treat Bags by Leanne West (featuring Scalloped Circle Mat Dies, Sweet Word Die)

For this project, I've used some 5x7 inch glassine bakery bags. I wanted to dress up the outside to coordinate with little gingerbread cookies. First I added a panel of patterned paper. These super cute papers are from the All is Bright 6x6 paper pad. I cut each 6x6 paper exactly in half. That gave me 3x6 inch panels. I adhered one panel to each and folded the extra around the back of the bag. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Christmas Cookies & Christmas Critters Holiday Treat Bags by Leanne West (featuring Scalloped Circle Mat Dies, Sweet Word Die)

Next I added a scalloped circle right to the center of the patterned paper panel. I used to largest die from Scalloped Circle Mats 3 die set to make these. I then brushed on just a touch of Festive Berries Distress Oxide Ink to the center of each circle.  

Sunny Studio Stamps: Christmas Cookies & Christmas Critters Holiday Treat Bags by Leanne West (featuring Scalloped Circle Mat Dies, Sweet Word Die)

Next I created a different little gingerbread scene for each circle. I combined images from two stamp sets - Christmas Critters and Christmas Cookies - to create these scenes. These images are so fun and easy to color. I used Copics markers in the following colors: brown - E23, E25, E27; green - YG11, YG05, YG17; pale red - R00, R20, R22; bright red - R14, R24, R39.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Christmas Cookies & Christmas Critters Holiday Treat Bags by Leanne West (featuring Scalloped Circle Mat Dies, Sweet Word Die)

After I had all my colored images in place, I still had enough space underneath for a combination die cut/stamped greeting. I used the Sweet Word die for the die cut part. For the stamped part I used words included in the Christmas Cookies stamp set. Now all that's left to do is with fill the bags with yummy treats! You could use these bags for cookies, candies, or hot cocoa packs. These fun treats bags are sure sweeten anyone's Christmas.

Have a happy holiday season everyone!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Sweet Word Die
Sweet Word Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Christmas Cookies Stamps
Christmas Cookies Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Christmas Cookies Dies
Christmas Cookies Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Christmas Critters Stamps
Christmas Critters Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Christmas Critters DIes
Christmas Critters DIes
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scalloped Circle Mat 3 Dies
Scalloped Circle Mat 3 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
All Is Bright Paper
All Is Bright Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment