Monday, December 20, 2021

Forest Tree Stencil Focused Cards with Ashley and Mayra

Hello friends! It's Ashley with an unconventional Christmas card to share with you today. I used the Forest Trees stencil to create a rainbow of color! Who says rainbows can't be for Christmas?

Sunny Studio Stamps: Forest Tree Stenciled Holiday Card by Ashley Ebben (featuring Stitched Rectangle Dies, Inside Greetings)

I started with a piece of white Bristol smooth cardstock. I used the Forest Trees stencil and Distress Oxide inks to make a rainbow of trees for my background. I started at the bottom and used Villianous Potion, Mermaid Lagoon, Cracked Pistachio, Squeezed Lemonade, Dried Marigold, Picked Raspberry, and Kitsch Flamingo. I'm pretty happy with this combination, but I'm still looking for my go-to rainbow combo. Do you have a series you always use?

Sunny Studio Stamps: Forest Tree Stenciled Holiday Card by Ashley Ebben (featuring Stitched Rectangle Dies, Inside Greetings)

I splattered the trees with a bit of watered down white acrylic paint and dried the spots with my heat gun. I trimmed down the piece with the largest Stitched Rectangle die and backed it with a thin border of white glitter cardstock. I added this to a light gray card base for a small amount of contrast. I finished with a sentiment from Inside Greetings - Holiday. I stamped in VersaMark ink and embossed with white. The sentiment stands out more in person, but I think a metallic embossing powder would look great too and add more contrast.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!

--------------------------------------------

Happy Monday everyone, Mayra here. I am sharing this set of cards with you today that I made using the awesome Forest Trees Stencil. This is truly a fantastic stencil set. I had a blast creating these cards.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Forest Tree Stenciled Holiday Card by Mayra Duran-Hernandez (featuring Stitched Rectangle Dies, Chloe Alphabet Dies)

I began by die-cutting the base layers for each card using both dies from the Stitched Rectangles die set from white cardstock. I then began by layering each of the numbered stencils and adding color to the card base. I began with the lightest color which was Bundled Sage Distress Oxide ink, next, I used Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide ink, and for the third layer, I used Noble Fir Lawn Fawn ink mixed with a bit of Ground Espresso Distress Ink. I then added white splatters over the entire card using white acrylic paint mixed with a bit of water. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Forest Tree Stenciled Holiday Card by Mayra Duran-Hernandez (featuring Stitched Rectangle Dies, Chloe Alphabet Dies)

I then die-cut the letters for the word Christmas, and Holidays using the Chloe Alphabet die set. I then die-cut the word Merry from gold cardstock as well. The banner is from the Stitched Rectangles set. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Forest Tree Stenciled Holiday Card by Mayra Duran-Hernandez (featuring Stitched Rectangle Dies, Chloe Alphabet Dies)

Next, I created the mini shaker for the smaller card using a framed rectangle die from Lawn Fawn. I also made the bigger card into a shaker card. The happy word for the smaller card is from the Christmas Critters stamp set. I then decorated the kraft-colored envelopes using the Forest Trees Stencil again and the same colors as I used for the card. 

I hope you enjoy the set I created to share with you today. Thank you very much for taking the time to stop by. I hope you each have a wonderful and blessed day and Merry Christmas. 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Merry Word Die
Merry Word Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Chloe Alphabet Dies
Chloe Alphabet Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Rectangle Dies
Stitched Rectangle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Inside Greetings-Holidays
Inside Greetings-Holidays
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Forest Trees Stencils
Forest Trees Stencils
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment