Saturday, June 29, 2019

Guest Designer Spotlight: Cards with Keeway Tsao

Hi crafty friends! It’s Keeway Tsao from Kiwi Koncepts and I’m excited to be back guest blogging to share with you some fun oceanic cards with the Best Fishes set from the Summer 2019 release!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Best Fishes Frilly Frames Dies Ocean Themed Cards by Keeway Tsao

My first card is an underwater shaker card with many of the cute fishes from the Best Fishes set. I stamped all the images in the set in a dark brown hybrid ink and colored them with Copic markers. Then, I used the matching dies to die cut the images out.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Best Fishes Frilly Frames Dies Ocean Themed Cards by Keeway Tsao

I created an ink blended background with Cracked Pistachio and Shaded Lilac distress oxide inks. With this ink blended A2 panel, I die cut the frame from Frilly Frames Chevron Die and again with a basic rectangle that is just slightly smaller. This creates our frame for the shaker.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Best Fishes Frilly Frames Dies Ocean Themed Cards by Keeway Tsao

I heat embossed the sentiment in white in the top right corner on the center piece. I also added a few images that will be inside of the shaker, leaving a few for later to be outside. I added lots of sequins and sealed it off with a foam taped border, acetate layer, and then the frame we just die cut out.

Lastly, I added all the remaining fishes to the card on top of the frame and acetate. This gives the scene some extra dimension. Look at how the shaker shines!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Best Fishes Catch A Wave Dies Ocean Themed Cards by Keeway Tsao

For my next card, I also used the Best Fishes set this time using the sharks. I had to separate them so they don’t eat the little fishes!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Best Fishes Catch A Wave Dies Ocean Themed Cards by Keeway Tsao

This card has a more graphic layout and uses the Catch A Wave Dies to create several layers that I ink blend on. I used this die several times on a piece of A2 white card stock and for each layer I picked one distress oxide ink to blend it in full.

In the top dark blue layer, I heat embossed my sentiment in white. Then I inlaid all the pieces back together when I adhered it onto a A2 base.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Best Fishes Catch A Wave Dies Ocean Themed Cards by Keeway Tsao

I splattered on some water to distress the ink for some texture. Finally, I added my sharks and some ocean plants to the card with foam tape.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Best Fishes Catch A Wave Dies Frilly Frames Dies Ocean Themed Cards by Keeway Tsao

Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a beautiful weekend!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Frilly Frames Chevron Die
Frilly Frames Chevron Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Catch A Wave Dies
Catch A Wave Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Best Fishes Stamps
Best Fishes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Best Fishes Dies
Best Fishes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

3 comments:

  1. I would love to see the shaker card "Live and In Person". It is so pretty. Both cards are so fun. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fish and other sea creatures are so cute! I can't wait to use my Best Fishes stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome cards. Love your colors and designs. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete