Monday, July 1, 2019

Frilly Frames Cards with Eloise and Leanne

Hello friends, Eloise here and today I’ll be using the Frilly Frames Die Set along with a couple of stamp sets to create a summery Birthday Card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fabulous Flamingos,  Fluffy Clouds & Frilly Frames Chevron & Seasonal Trees Summer Themed Card by Eloise Blue

I started off with stamping out my images from Fabulous Flamingos and Seasonal Trees and coloured them in with Copic Markers. Once they were coloured, I cut them out. While I was die-cutting I also cut the Fluffy Clouds Dies out of white, too.

(Copic Markers Used: RV121, RV23, RV25, RV29 / BV01, BV02, BV04, BV08 / YG01, YG23, YG17, YG67 / E42, E43, E44, E47 / YR00, YR02, YR12, YR18 / Y11, Y13, Y15, YR23 / R14, R24, R27, R89)

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fabulous Flamingos,  Fluffy Clouds & Frilly Frames Chevron & Seasonal Trees Summer Themed Card by Eloise Blue

I then used the Frilly Frames Chevron Dies and cut out the centre piece. I then ran half of the die through my die cutting machine, removed the die, rotated it 180 degrees and ran through the opposite side. This made a diamond shape get cut from the centre and just changed up the design of the die a little. I used an exacto knife to cut out the centre since it didn’t cut all the way, but it worked well. I then used the Frilly Frames Stripes Dies and ran through the piece again with the scallop edge die.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fabulous Flamingos,  Fluffy Clouds & Frilly Frames Chevron & Seasonal Trees Summer Themed Card by Eloise Blue

I adhered my frame onto a piece of wavy patterned paper from Summer Splash and then adhered my scene and clouds into place. Lastly for my sentiment I white heat embossed the ‘It’s Your Birthday!’ from Fabulous Flamingos onto a black strip and adhered it at an angle in the top left-hand corner.

Thanks for stopping by today, make sure you stop my next week for sneaks at the brand-new release coming soon. See you next time.

---------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone and happy July! Leanne here and today, I have a summertime themed card to share today that showcases the Filly Frames Chevron dies used two ways to give some decorative details to the design.   

Sunny Studio Stamps: Tropical Paradise Summer Drink Card by Leanne West featuring Frilly Frames Chevron Dies

I started with an A2 size kraft card base. I used the outer die from Frilly Frames Chevron to cut out the zig zag edged layer. It’s just slightly smaller than A2 size an fits perfectly within the card front dimensions. I then trimmed a piece of green card stock a bit smaller and layered over the white.  

Sunny Studio Stamps: Tropical Paradise Summer Drink Card by Leanne West featuring Frilly Frames Chevron Dies

I then used the chevron die to make a stencil out of copy paper. I used Faded Jeans Distress Oxide Ink to stencil the chevron pattern onto some Bristol Smooth card stock. I lightly splattered with watered down Twisted Citron Distress Ink and then trimmed the panel to the right size to layer over top the green panel.  

Sunny Studio Stamps: Tropical Paradise Summer Drink Card by Leanne West featuring Frilly Frames Chevron Dies

I stamped and Copic colored several images from Tropical Paradise. These fun images just remind me of the lazy days of summer when you can just kick back and enjoy a refreshing drink. I white heat embossed two separate sentiments onto some kraft card stock and trimmed into thin strips. Happy summer is from Island Getaway and Cheers is from Tropical Paradise. I then adhered the colored images and sentiments strips in two spots to create an asymmetrical design. To finish it off I added a few sequins.  

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Island Getaway Stamps
Island Getaway Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Paradise Dies
Tropical Paradise Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Paradise Stamps
Tropical Paradise Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Chevron Die
Frilly Frames Chevron Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fluffy Clouds Dies
Fluffy Clouds Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fabulous Flamingos Stamps
Fabulous Flamingos Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fabulous Flamingos Dies
Fabulous Flamingos Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Seasonal Trees Stamps
Seasonal Trees Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Seaonal Trees Dies
Seaonal Trees Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Summer Splash 6x6 Paper
Summer Splash 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: