Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Hawaiian Hibiscus Cards with Mona and Franci

Hi crafty friends! It's Mona here, today I am showing you a bright floral card featuring the Hawaiian Hibiscus stamp set. I love this stamp set so much and I wanted to create a vintage card with it.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Hawaiian Hibiscus Sunshine Word Die Frilly Frames Dies Hello Cards by Mona Toth and Franci Vignoli

This time I started the card making with stamp layering. For the stamping I used Hybrid Inks from Scrapbook.com and green colored mini ink cubes from Altenew. For the leaves I used the Bamboo,  Parrot and Shadow Creek colors. For the Flowers I used many colors and I mixed and matched them from the lightest to darkest. (For the flowers I used the following colors: Yellow 1, 3; Violet 2, 3, 4; Rise 2,3,4; Pink 2; Blue 1,4.) When the layering was done I Die-cut the images with the coordinating dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Hawaiian Hibiscus Sunshine Word Die Frilly Frames Dies Hello Cards by Mona Toth and Franci Vignoli

The next step was the background. I made a die-cut with the Frilly Frames Stripes Dies from a light teal cardstock and adhered to the card base. When it was done, I die-cut the Sunshine sentiment with the Sunshine Word Die and I adhered it to the card base.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Hawaiian Hibiscus Sunshine Word Die Frilly Frames Dies Hello Cards by Mona Toth and Franci Vignoli

In the end I stamped the "Aloha" sentiment to my card and embellished the card with tiny Hearts confetti and it was done. Thank you very much for reading through my post, I hope that you have enjoyed it and I have inspired you! If you like my creations let's be friends on Instagram. :)

----------------------------------------------------

Hi there! Franci here with you today, showcasing the Hawaiian Hibiscus set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Hawaiian Hibiscus Sunshine Word Die Frilly Frames Dies Hello Cards by Mona Toth and Franci Vignoli

This set is amazing!! I have a love/hate relationship with layering sets cause they can be tricky to align and solid images are not super easy for me to stamp, but this set is no trouble and all the joy!! These flowers are the easiest images to align ever and every layer is amazing, the final effect is so beautiful! So if you are a little bit scared, I say ... get this set and you'll love it!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Hawaiian Hibiscus Sunshine Word Die Frilly Frames Dies Hello Cards by Mona Toth and Franci Vignoli

Back to my project. First of all I created my white card base as usual, then I created my background by Sponging Distress inks on to a stripes stencil. You can easily masked the front of the card with some thin strips of masking paper and ink on top to achieve the same pattern :)

I let it dry and then added some little spatters of dark blue and rose gold watercolors with a fine tip brush. I stamped my Hibiscus flowers and the leaves using a combo of Lawn Fawn inks and Memento Drops inks. I die cut all the images with their coordinated dies and glued them down with foam adhesive.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Hawaiian Hibiscus Sunshine Word Die Frilly Frames Dies Hello Cards by Mona Toth and Franci Vignoli

Finally I added some sparkle clear sequins and stamped my sentiment. I'm so happy with this clean and simple card, it makes me dream about beautiful beaches and the lovely time of summer vacations!

Hope you like it too and thank you so much for stopping by today!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Sunshine Word Die
Sunshine Word Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Hawaiian Hibiscus Stamps
Hawaiian Hibiscus Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Hawaiian Hibiscus  Dies
Hawaiian Hibiscus Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: