Saturday, June 1, 2019

Guest Designer Spotlight: Cards with Karin Åkesdotter

Hi Everyone! This is Karin Åkesdotter from Peppermint Patty’s Papercraft and I am so excited to be guest designing for Sunny Studio this month too. I have absolutely LOVED to play with the stamps, papers and dies from and am with Sunny’s wonderful Summer Release. Thank You Mendi for making such amazing products!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Silly Sloths Fabulous Flamingos Frilly Frames Dies Birthday Card Summer Card by Karin Åkesdotter

The sloths Silly Sloths are just so super adorable I wanted to make a design where I could share as many of them as possible :) They are so sweet on their own so I just wanted some leaves in the background. Here I stamped the leaves on green cardstock before coloring which I think turned out beautiful for this design. The panel is from the lovely Frilly Frames Stripes dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Silly Sloths Fabulous Flamingos Frilly Frames Dies Birthday Card Summer Card by Karin Åkesdotter

For my second card - the Fabulous Flamingos card - I die cut the Frilly Frames Stripes panel and adhered it to acetate with my xyron tape runner  before making my little flamingo scene on the stitched rectangle die from Wrap Around Box die setI inked the background to create some ocean waves (tip- the new waves dies can be perfect for creating your own wave stencil) and then added some kraft cardstock for the sand. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Silly Sloths Fabulous Flamingos Frilly Frames Dies Birthday Card Summer Card by Karin Åkesdotter

Last but not least I wanted a fast and easy card design where the cute flamingo is the center of attention. I think this design would be perfect for making a card set with different colored inked backgrounds and then a new flamingo and new sentiment for each panel. A great gift for some of your non card-making friends!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Wrap Around Box Die
Wrap Around Box Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fabulous Flamingos Stamps
Fabulous Flamingos Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fabulous Flamingos Dies
Fabulous Flamingos Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Silly Sloths Stamps
Silly Sloths Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Silly Sloths Dies
Silly Sloths Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment