Saturday, June 15, 2019

Guest Designer Spotlight: Cards with Wanda Guess

Hi everyone! Wanda Guess here! I'm very happy and excited to be the guest designer today on the Sunny Studio Blog! I'm always delighted to work with the beautiful and fun stamps and dies from Sunny Studio! They are some of the favs in my craft room for sure. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fabulous Flamingos Coastal Cuties Sending Sunshine Fluffy Clouds Summer Themed Pop Up Card by Wanda Guess

For today's post I combined several tropical and summer themed stamp sets and made a vacation scene in a pop up card! This one will have you reaching for a Mai Tai! Please visit me on my blog sometime! You can find me at A Blog Called Wanda or find me on Instagram. Let's get tropical! 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fabulous Flamingos Coastal Cuties Sending Sunshine Fluffy Clouds Summer Themed Pop Up Card by Wanda Guess


This card was so much fun to make! I started by stamping and die cutting out a lot of pieces and parts! Palm trees, birds, flamingos, swimming cuties, pineapples, and leaves. Oh My! I combined several sets - Fabulous Flamingos, Coastal Cuties, and Sending Sunshine - for all of my images. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fabulous Flamingos Coastal Cuties Sending Sunshine Fluffy Clouds Summer Themed Pop Up Card by Wanda Guess

Then I had fun coloring everything with Copic Markers. I then added accents with a white gel pen ... and then some shimmering glitter Diamond Stickles! Once I had all my images colored and ready, I decided to create a pop up card scene that is like a vacation when you open it! 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fabulous Flamingos Coastal Cuties Sending Sunshine Fluffy Clouds Summer Themed Pop Up Card by Wanda Guess

I used the awesome Catch A Wave dies set to die cut waves from teal cardstock. I added white gel pen accents to the waves too. I also die cut some puffy clouds for the back of the scene. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fabulous Flamingos Coastal Cuties Sending Sunshine Fluffy Clouds Summer Themed Pop Up Card by Wanda Guess

I used the fabulous Summer Splash paper pad to add colorful paper accents to the project. (Secret: I have about 20 Sunny Studio paper packs in my studio!! LOVE.) I assembled everything together placing all the images inside the pop up. I used the extra images to decorate the sides of the pop up. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fabulous Flamingos Coastal Cuties Sending Sunshine Fluffy Clouds Summer Themed Pop Up Card by Wanda Guess

The Sunny Studio stamp sets are all perfectly sized and scaled to mix and match, and that makes it so much fun to create with all your stamp sets. I loved combining everything for this card! I have so many more ideas for this release. Another winner for sure!! 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fabulous Flamingos Coastal Cuties Sending Sunshine Fluffy Clouds Summer Themed Pop Up Card by Wanda Guess

Big thanks to Mendi for having me as a guest! Have a wonderful day everyone! Have a great summer!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Fluffy Clouds Dies
Fluffy Clouds Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Catch A Wave Dies
Catch A Wave Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Coastal Cuties Stamps
Coastal Cuties Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Coastal Cuties Dies
Coastal Cuties Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fabulous Flamingos Stamps
Fabulous Flamingos Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fabulous Flamingos Dies
Fabulous Flamingos Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sending Sunshine Stamps
Sending Sunshine Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sending Sunshine Dies
Sending Sunshine Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Summer Splash 6x6 Paper
Summer Splash 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: