Monday, June 3, 2019

Sweater Vest Cards with Eloise and Leanne

Hello friends, Eloise here and today I have a Father’s Day Card using the Sweater Vest Dies along with the Silly Sloths Stamp Set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sweater Vest Dies Silly Sloths Loopy Letters Dies Team Player Happy Thoughts Shaped Cards by Eloise Blue and Leanne West

I started off with die cutting the Sweater Vest Die from some navy cardstock and a few of the accent dies from green, white and brown cardstock. I also die cut an additional panel from brown cardstock as well. I ran through the brown and navy pieces with the Cable Knit Embossing Folder to give it some texture as well. I cut down the brown panel, added some foam tape and adhered it on the top of the navy piece. I also added liquid glue to the accent pieces and adhered them into place as well.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sweater Vest Dies Silly Sloths Loopy Letters Dies Team Player Happy Thoughts Shaped Cards by Eloise Blue and Leanne West

I then stamped the sloths from the Silly Sloths Stamp Set and coloured them in with Copic Markers. I then cut them out. I added foam tape to the sloths and liquid adhesive to the leaves and adhered them into place on the brown panel.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sweater Vest Dies Silly Sloths Loopy Letters Dies Team Player Happy Thoughts Shaped Cards by Eloise Blue and Leanne West

Lastly, I white heat embossed the ‘You’re So Slothsome’ sentiment onto a black strip of cardstock and adhered it down in the middle of the scene.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I’ll see you next time.

------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone! Leanne here to share an idea I had for customizing some Sweater Vest cards. Tis the season for grads and dads which led me to this idea. For today’s cards, I’ve customized them with the school colors from my college alma mater and my husband’s favorite pro football team.  

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sweater Vest Dies Silly Sloths Loopy Letters Dies Team Player Happy Thoughts Shaped Cards by Eloise Blue and Leanne West

I think these custom Sweater Vest cards could be used for more than just graduation and Father’s Day. They would be great as a birthday card too!  And the best part is that they are so quick and easy to make. Just pick out card stock colors in the recipient’s high school, college, or favorite pro sports team colors. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sweater Vest Dies Silly Sloths Loopy Letters Dies Team Player Happy Thoughts Shaped Cards by Eloise Blue and Leanne West

I used the Loopy Letter dies to create the names. One tip I have for getting them nice and straight is glue the letters together on a cutting mat with grid lines. That way you can use the grid lines to line up the letters up as you glue and it’s much easier to add the complete name onto the sweater vest. 

I wanted to add something that would resemble a little price tag to the outside of these cards so I used a tiny die cut tag and stamped a sentiment. The sentiments I used are from the Team Player stamp set

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sweater Vest Dies Silly Sloths Loopy Letters Dies Team Player Happy Thoughts Shaped Cards by Eloise Blue and Leanne West

On the inside of the Bears sweater vest card, I stamped "Happy Father's Day" using the Happy Thoughts stamp set and added a football image which is also from the Team Player stamp setYou could even take it a step further and add a mascot image to either the outside or inside of these cards if you have a stamp that fits the bill. Really the sky’s the limit with customizing these sweater vest cards. Just have fun with it!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Team Player Stamps
Team Player Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Team Player Dies
Team Player Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Happy Thoughts Stamps
Happy Thoughts Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cable Knit Embossing
Cable Knit Embossing
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Loopy Letters Dies
Loopy Letters Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sweater Vest Dies
Sweater Vest Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Silly Sloths Stamps
Silly Sloths Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Silly Sloths Dies
Silly Sloths Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment