Monday, June 10, 2019

Best Fishes Cards with Leanne and Eloise

Hello crafty friends! Leanne here and I’m swimming by to share an under the sea themed shaker card. This card was simple and easy to create with the help of the Best Fishes stamp set and a Stitched Oval die. I made my own stencil to create a wave pattern to help set the scene. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Best Fishes Catch A Wave Woodland Borders Best Wishes Punny Cards by Leanne West and Eloise Blue

I started by stenciling the wave pattern onto a piece of light blue card stock that is trimmed slightly narrower than A2 width. I made the stencil using the Catch A Wave dies and copy paper. I used Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink and a blending brush to achieve the tone on tone pattern. Next, I used one of the Stitched Oval dies to create the shaker well and filled it with various aqua colored sequins and micro beads.  

Sunny Studio Stamps: Best Fishes Catch A Wave Woodland Borders Best Wishes Punny Cards by Leanne West and Eloise Blue

I created the sandy bottom out of kraft card stock and a Woodland Border die. I splattered this piece with white and brown paint to give it a more realistic look. I Copic colored several images from the Best Fishes stamp set and die cut with the coordinating Best Fishes dies. I adhered the images directly onto the acetate window with glue dots.  

Sunny Studio Stamps: Best Fishes Catch A Wave Woodland Borders Best Wishes Punny Cards by Leanne West and Eloise Blue

I added just a few of the same sequins I used inside the shaker to the outside around the scene. To complete the card I added the greeting which I trimmed into a thin strip and tucked under the shark’s fin. I think the theme and color scheme of this card is very gender neutral and the Best Fishes greeting is multi-purpose. These type of cards are so handy to have when we need one at a moment’s notice.  

-------------------------------------------------

Hello friends, Eloise here and today I’m sharing a card using the Best Fishes Stamp Set. This is definitely one of my favourites from the release, I’ve used it so many times and honestly ocean themed stamp sets are my most used ones.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Best Fishes Catch A Wave Woodland Borders Best Wishes Punny Cards by Leanne West and Eloise Blue

I started off with stamping and colouring my images in with Copic Markers. I then cut them out. For my background, I ink blended over a curved stencil with Tumbled Glass and Scattered Straw Ink to create an under the sea background. Once it was ink blended, I splattered some water on the background and dried it with a heat tool.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Best Fishes Catch A Wave Woodland Borders Best Wishes Punny Cards by Leanne West and Eloise Blue

(Copic Markers Used: W00, W0, W1, W3, W4, W5, W7, W9 / YR00, YR02, YR12, YR18 / Y11, Y13, Y15, YR23 / R00, R20 / 0 / YG01, YG23, YG17, YG67 / Y21, Y31, YR12, YR24 / E42, E43, E44, E47 / RV91, RV93, RV95, RV99)


Sunny Studio Stamps: Best Fishes Catch A Wave Woodland Borders Best Wishes Punny Cards by Leanne West and Eloise Blue

I then added foam tape onto the backs of my images and adhered them into place on my background. For my sentiment, I stamped the ‘Best Fishes’ from the stamp set, in black ink on the top right-hand corner. Lastly, I adhered my panel onto a light grey card base.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I’ll see you all next time. 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Woodland Borders Dies
Woodland Borders Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Oval Dies
Stitched Oval Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Catch A Wave Dies
Catch A Wave Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Best Fishes Stamps
Best Fishes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Best Fishes Dies
Best Fishes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

3 comments:

  1. These cards are so adorable! What kind of sparkles were used on the sand? Have you considered adding a Pinterest button so that designs can be saved automatically? Your daily inspirations are terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute and creative cards...love them both!!

    ReplyDelete