Monday, June 17, 2019

Surprise Party Cards with Eloise and Leanne

Hello crafty friends, Eloise here and today I’ll be using the Surprise Party Paper Pack along with Berry Bliss to create a summer themed Birthday Card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Surprise Party Berry Bliss Sweet Shoppe Sweet Word Die You're Sweet Card by Eloise Blue Birthday Card by Leanne West

I started off with cutting four small strips of paper from the paper pack using my paper trimmer. I used the red, purple, dark blue and green star patterns. I then used the Berry Bliss Stamp Set and stamped out the strawberry, blueberry and raspberry in coordinating colours, using some coloured inks. I used my stamp press to help stamp them in the right places. Before I stamp the leaves on top, I cut them out and then stamp the leaves to get the placement just right.

(Altenew Inks Used: Artic, Caribbean Sky, Persian Blue, Sapphire / Frosty Pink, Coral Berry, Ruby Red, Grapevine / Soft Lilac, Lavender Fields, Deep Iris, Midnight Violet / Bamboo, Olive)

Sunny Studio Stamps: Surprise Party Berry Bliss Sweet Shoppe Sweet Word Die You're Sweet Card by Eloise Blue Birthday Card by Leanne West

While I was die-cutting, I also cut the ‘Sweet’ Word from white cardstock. I then cut down a white card base and ran it through my die cutting machine with the Quilted Hearts Embossing Folder. I added foam tape onto the back of my patterned paper strips and adhered them into place. I also added a brown strip of paper behind the ‘Sweet’ Word and then adhered it to my card base with foam tape. I lastly adhered the stamped fruits into place also.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Surprise Party Berry Bliss Sweet Shoppe Sweet Word Die You're Sweet Card by Eloise Blue Birthday Card by Leanne West

Lastly, I white heat embossed the ‘You’re So’ sentiment from Fabulous Flamingos onto a black strip of cardstock and adhered it tucked behind the ‘Sweet’ Word.

That finished up my card for today, I hope you enjoyed, and I’ll see you next time.

-----------------------------------------------

Hi friends, Leanne here! We are showcasing the Surprise Party paper on the blog today. When I think of a party, my mind immediately goes to the party decorations and sweet treats. That’s what inspired my card design today. I decorated my card with layers of the Surprise Party paper but with a fun twist - fringe!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Surprise Party Berry Bliss Sweet Shoppe Sweet Word Die You're Sweet Card by Eloise Blue Birthday Card by Leanne West

I started with a white A2 size card base. I picked out 4 different colors of the star pattern from the Surprise Party pack and trimmed them into 1.75” wide strips. I used a special pair of scissors that has multiple blades for cutting the fringe. I layered the fringe strips onto the card front. I left just a little of the white card front showing at the top and bottom.  

Sunny Studio Stamps: Surprise Party Berry Bliss Sweet Shoppe Sweet Word Die You're Sweet Card by Eloise Blue Birthday Card by Leanne West

Next I wanted to make a tag to add a sentiment and cupcake images onto and then tie to the top of the card. I cut out a tag with a die from the Build-a-Tag #1 set. I stamped a sentiment from Sweet Shoppe directly onto the top half of the tag. I stamped and Copic colored the cupcake, strawberries, and cherry also from Sweet Shoppe

After die cutting with the coordinating Sweet Shoppe dies, I adhered the images with dimensional foam squares to complete the tag. Once I had the tag tied to the top of the card front, I secured it in place with adhesive foam squares on the back. Lastly I added just a few iridescent lavender gems, because every party needs a little sparkle. 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Sweet Shoppe Dies
Sweet Shoppe Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sweet Shoppe Stamps
Sweet Shoppe Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sweet Word Die
Sweet Word Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Berry Bliss Stamps
Berry Bliss Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Berry Bliss Dies
Berry Bliss Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Build-A-Tag #1 Dies
Build-A-Tag #1 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Quilted Hearts Embossing
Quilted Hearts Embossing
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fabulous Flamingos Stamps
Fabulous Flamingos Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Surprise Party 6x6 Paper
Surprise Party 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment