Friday, June 28, 2019

Hawaiian Hibiscus Cards with Rachel and Lexa

Hello, everyone! It's Rachel here and I have a fun tropical shaker square card to share with you today featuring the new Hawaiian Hibiscus layering stamps. I just love all of the gorgeous detail that you get from this set! I combined this set with some flamingos from the Tropical Paradise Stamp Set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Hawaiian Hibiscus Fancy Frames Tropical Paradise Summer Themed Card by Rachel Alvarado

To create my flowers, I simply used 4 different colors to stamp each one.
  • Light Pink: MFT Tickled Pink, Cotton Candy, Ripe Raspberry, and Razzle Berry
  • Dark Pink: MFT Cotton Candy, Ripe Raspberry, Razzle Berry, and Hero Arts Raspberry Jam
  • Purple: Altenew Rose Quartz, Puffy Heart, Purple Wine, and Cosmic Berry
  • Greens: Altenew Parrot, Bamboo, and Olive
Sunny Studio Stamps: Hawaiian Hibiscus Fancy Frames Tropical Paradise Summer Themed Card by Rachel Alvarado

For my flamingos, I stamped them with Memento Tuexedo Black Ink onto a sheet of Neenah Solar White 110lb Card Stock and colored with Copic Markers. I like to use a lot of different shades to blend my coloring but only a few of the ones listed would be sufficient. (Pinks: RV0000, RV00, RV02, RV04, RV06, and RV09. Legs: R12, RV55. Yellow beak: Y13, Y17, and E35. Black part of beak: W5, W7.) I then used the coordinating Tropical Paradise Dies to cut them out.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Hawaiian Hibiscus Fancy Frames Tropical Paradise Summer Themed Card by Rachel Alvarado

Next, I assembled the base of my card with these components. I quickly blended some Tumbled Glass and Peacock Feathers on a piece of scrap paper for the background of my card. I then colored some sand using some Copic Markers (E41, E42). I used the Fancy Frames Circle Dies to die cut a beautiful scalloped circle frame from pink card stock. I trimmed my card base to 5"x5" prior to die cutting a circular hole/window in the center.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Hawaiian Hibiscus Fancy Frames Tropical Paradise Summer Themed Card by Rachel Alvarado

I added all of my Hibiscus flowers with some 3D Foam Adhesive Squares for some added dimension and the leaves with liquid adhesive. Lastly, I heat embossed my sentiment with Fine Detail White Embossing Powder onto a strip of black card stock and then diecut it with the small oval die from the Sunny Border Dies and filled my card with some Studio Katia Majestic Mini Sequins.

I hope you enjoyed my card! Thanks so much for dropping by today and have a wonderful weekend!

-------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone! Lexa here today to share a see through card using Hawaiian Hibiscus Stamp and the coordinating dies. It's inspired from Jennifer McGuire's cards. The hibiscus flowers from Sunny Studio is sure the prettiest layered stamp, they have couple of other flowers too. Make sure to check them out.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Hawaiian Hibiscus Everyday Greetings Floral Best Wishes Card by Lexa Levana

First, I cut a 4.25"x5.5" paper in half. Blend Wild Honey and Worn Lipstick Distress Inks on one part. Then use the other one for a guide rectangle to arrange the hibiscus. Stamp the flowers in two colors, pink and orange with some dye inks. Then use the coordinating dies to cut every pieces. Arrange them on the piece of paper I mentioned above, use a washi tapes to keep them in their places and trim the excess on three sides. Make sure to leave them hanging on one side. After the trimmings, use strong adhesive glue on overlapping pieces. You'll have a see through panel ready. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Hawaiian Hibiscus Everyday Greetings Floral Best Wishes Card by Lexa Levana

Adhere the hanging part on the blended panel. It's simple and easy, but turns out so beautiful. I use Everyday Greetings Stamps and copper embossed it on pink paper piece. Adhere it with foam tapes so it will pop out. Last touch is add pretty yellow jewels here and there. I love the bright colors and how pretty the hibiscus are.

Thank you so much for stopping by today, don't forget to leave me some love on the comments below. I hope you like today's card as much as I do. Have a wonderful day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Sunny Borders Dies
Sunny Borders Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Paradise Dies
Tropical Paradise Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Paradise Stamps
Tropical Paradise Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fancy Frames-Circle Dies
Fancy Frames-Circle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Everyday Greetings Stamps
Everyday Greetings Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Hawaiian Hibiscus Stamps
Hawaiian Hibiscus Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Hawaiian Hibiscus  Dies
Hawaiian Hibiscus Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. The soft colors you used on the Hibiscus flowers looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete