Friday, June 21, 2019

Fabulous Flamingos Cards with Lexa and Rachel

Hi everyone! Lexa here today with a card highlighting Fabulous Flamingos Stamps and the coordinating dies. This stamp set has a summer vibe that's so lovely and beautiful. So I decided to create this card with sunset sky as background.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fabulous Flamingos Seasonal Trees Wavy Border Dies Summer Tropical Themed Cards by Lexa Levana and Rachel Alvarado

First I blended some Distress Inks in Worn Lipstick, Wild Honey and Squeezed Lemonade to create the sunset sky. I use a handmade circle window stencil to create this look. Many of you may have tried to make one before, but in case you haven't all you need is any circle dies or you can cut the circle manually with craft cutter on a piece of acetate sheet. It's so easy and you can use it again later for another projects, How awesome is that!

I stamped all the images with Versafine black ink and watercolor them with Distress Markers. My personal favorite of all time. I stamped many flowers and leaves too because I need them to create some kind of frame around the pretty flamingos. After I finished with the coloring I use the coordinating dies to cut all the pieces. Then I'm all ready to arrange them on the card base.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fabulous Flamingos Seasonal Trees Wavy Border Dies Summer Tropical Themed Cards by Lexa Levana and Rachel Alvarado

I add some yellow gems on the center of the pink flowers. They look so shiny and beautiful as accents. As for the sentiment I stamped it on the pink fishtail banner and adhere it on the bottom center of my card. I'm super happy with the result. Yay!

Here's the closer look of my card so you can see the details and dimensions I tried to achieve. Thank you so much for stopping by today and I hope you enjoy today's post as much as I do! Have an amazing day everyone.

------------------------------------------------------

Hello, friends! It's Rachel here and I have a tropical pop-up card to share with you today featuring the Fabulous Flamingos Stamp Set!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fabulous Flamingos Seasonal Trees Wavy Border Dies Summer Tropical Themed Cards by Lexa Levana and Rachel Alvarado

I stamped all of my images with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, colored them with Copics, and then used the coordinating Fabulous Flamingo Die Set to cut them out. I then created the base of my card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fabulous Flamingos Seasonal Trees Wavy Border Dies Summer Tropical Themed Cards by Lexa Levana and Rachel Alvarado

Box Card Dimensions:
  • Trim 2 sheets of card stock to 6.0" x 4.25"
  • Score both pieces along the 6" side at 3.5" & 5.5"
  • Score both pieces along the 4.25" side at 2 1/8"
  • Trim down to the center along the score lines on the 6" side and create a tab on each end with the 1/2" score
  • Trim 3-4 inner shelves at 4.25" and score each piece at 3/8" & 3 7/8"
  • Assemble as shown
Sunny Studio Stamps: Fabulous Flamingos Seasonal Trees Wavy Border Dies Summer Tropical Themed Cards by Lexa Levana and Rachel Alvarado

I added some palm trees using the new Seasonal Trees Stamp Set. This is one of my favorite sets because it can be used all year round. It really comes in hand by adding that extra special touch to your card details. I used the coordinating Seasonal Trees Die Set to cut them out.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fabulous Flamingos Seasonal Trees Wavy Border Dies Summer Tropical Themed Cards by Lexa Levana and Rachel Alvarado

To give my card more of a beach-feel, I added some sand dunes using the Wavy Border Dies. I cut 4 of these dunes by trimming a few pieces of white card stock to 3.5" x 3" and then used the Wavy Border Dies to add those wavy borders. I then blended each piece with some Antique Linen and Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide Inks. I added some random dots (for more detail) onto each strip using some dark brown Copic Markers and a White Gel Pen. My patterned paper accents came from the gorgeous Summer Splash Paper Pack. Lastly, I heat embossed my sentiment with Fine Detail White Embossing Powder onto some black card stock.

Thanks so much for dropping by! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Wavy Border Dies
Wavy Border Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fabulous Flamingos Stamps
Fabulous Flamingos Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fabulous Flamingos Dies
Fabulous Flamingos Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Seasonal Trees Stamps
Seasonal Trees Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Seaonal Trees Dies
Seaonal Trees Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Summer Splash 6x6 Paper
Summer Splash 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: