Friday, June 7, 2019

Coastal Cuties Cards with Lexa and Rachel

Hi guys! Lexa here again with an interactive card using Coastal Cuties Stamps and the coordinating dies. I also use Beach Babies and the coconut tree from Seasonal Trees Stamps. It's an easy interactive card but adorable in the same time. Let's get started!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Coastal Cuties Beach Babies Catch A Wave Dies Summer Themed Interactive Cards by Lexa Levana and Rachel Alvarado

I started with stamping my images with Versafine black ink and watercolor them using Distress Markers. After I finished with the coloring, I cut all the pieces using coordinating dies. I always enjoy the moment I pop out them.. so satisfying. Then I prepare the papers to create this simple mechanism.

Front: 4 1/4" x 8 1/4", score it at 2 3/4"; Inside: 4 1/4" x 8 1/2", score it at 4 1/4"; Back: 4 1/4" x 5 3/4", score it at 5 1/2"

Sunny Studio Stamps: Coastal Cuties Beach Babies Catch A Wave Dies Summer Themed Interactive Cards by Lexa Levana and Rachel Alvarado

I make a beach scene on the front panel, with all these cuties playing on the beach. Then when you open the card, the image on the circle window will change into water splashing girl. And a sentiment inside, I leave the top part empty so I can write another greetings inside it later.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Coastal Cuties Beach Babies Catch A Wave Dies Summer Themed Interactive Cards by Lexa Levana and Rachel Alvarado

On the front, I blend Tea Dye Distress Ink for the sand and Tumbled Glass Distress Ink for the sky. Beach line is from Ocean of Joy Stamps, and that cute little crab is also from the same set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Coastal Cuties Beach Babies Catch A Wave Dies Summer Themed Interactive Cards by Lexa Levana and Rachel Alvarado

It turned out cuter than I imagined. I hope you all love it as much as I do. Thank you so much for stopping by today. I hope you have an amazing weekend!

For more information on the technique used to create this interactive card, check out Jennifer McGuire's video on peek-a-boo cards shared HERE.

----------------------------------------------------------

Hello! It's Rachel here today and I have a fun pop-up card to share with you today featuring the new Coastal Cuties Stamp Set. I combined this set with the Beach Babies Stamp Set, which coordinate perfectly with each other.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Coastal Cuties Beach Babies Catch A Wave Dies Summer Themed Interactive Cards by Lexa Levana and Rachel Alvarado

I decided to make a floating floor design for this set to create what I hoped would look like a fun 3D summer day at the beach. I stamped all of my images with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored them with Copic Sketch Markers. I then used both the coordinating Coastal Cuties and Beach Babies Die Sets to cut them out. I also added some fun little palm trees from the Sending Sunshine Stamps and Dies and a cute little crab from the Best Fishes Stamps and Dies. (For details on how to create a similar card, you can check out THIS prior post of mine.)

Sunny Studio Stamps: Coastal Cuties Beach Babies Catch A Wave Dies Summer Themed Interactive Cards by Lexa Levana and Rachel Alvarado

To add to my beach scene, I used the beautiful Summer Splash Paper Pad for the sky, the water, and the wave. In order to cut the wave, I used one of the Catch A Wave Dies. I also added a sand dune in the back of the card using the Wavy Border Dies and some Kraft Card Stock. I then used liquid adhesive to add all of my images.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Coastal Cuties Beach Babies Catch A Wave Dies Summer Themed Interactive Cards by Lexa Levana and Rachel Alvarado

For the outside of my card, I went with a simple design and used a 2" x 12" belly band to hold my card together. I used one of the cute little girls from the Coastal Cuties Stamp Set and added a bird from the Sending Sunshine Stamp Set. I then added a beautiful scalloped frame using the Fancy Frames Circle Dies and heat embossed my sentiment with Fine Detail White Embossing Powder onto some black card stock.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Coastal Cuties Beach Babies Catch A Wave Dies Summer Themed Interactive Cards by Lexa Levana and Rachel Alvarado

Thanks so much for dropping by! I hope you enjoyed my card today. Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Oceans of Joy Dies
Oceans of Joy Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Oceans of Joy Stamps
Oceans of Joy Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Wavy Border Dies
Wavy Border Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fancy Frames-Circle Dies
Fancy Frames-Circle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Beach Babies Stamps
Beach Babies Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Beach Babies Dies
Beach Babies Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Catch A Wave Dies
Catch A Wave Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Best Fishes Stamps
Best Fishes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Best Fishes Dies
Best Fishes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Coastal Cuties Stamps
Coastal Cuties Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Coastal Cuties Dies
Coastal Cuties Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Seasonal Trees Stamps
Seasonal Trees Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Seaonal Trees Dies
Seaonal Trees Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sending Sunshine Stamps
Sending Sunshine Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sending Sunshine Dies
Sending Sunshine Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Summer Splash 6x6 Paper
Summer Splash 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: