Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Silly Sloths Cards with Juliana and Angelica

Hello friends! It's Juliana with you to share a fun interactive card I created using the Silly Sloths Stamps and Sliding Window Die! Interactive cards are always so much fun and the addition of the adorable Silly Sloth Stamps makes this card even more entertaining!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Silly Sloths Sliding Window Dies Staggered Circle Dies Punny Cards by Juliana Michaels and Angelica Conrad

To begin, I began by stamping and coloring a bunch of the images from the Silly Sloth Stamps using Copic Markers. I then die cut them using the Silly Sloth Dies. Next, I took a practice Sliding Window I have assembled from cardstock and laid out the images to create my scene. I have found having this already assembled Sliding Window very helpful. I can use it to help me lay out my stamped and die cut images and get an idea of what papers I might want to use before I cut into them.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Silly Sloths Sliding Window Dies Staggered Circle Dies Punny Cards by Juliana Michaels and Angelica Conrad

Once I had an idea of how I wanted to position the images, I picked out some patterned papers. I began by following the instructions (you can find printable instructions here) on how to cut the Sliding Window and used the striped paper from the Rainbow Bright 6x6 Paper. As you might notice from the images, I didn't follow the instructions super well as I accidentally cut the opening on the wrong end of the paper. Since I didn't have another piece of this paper and I was set on using this one, I decided to just go with it and cut another opening at the top where it should be. I then backed the bottom opening with a piece of polka dot paper from the Rainbow Bright 6x6 Paper.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Silly Sloths Sliding Window Dies Staggered Circle Dies Punny Cards by Juliana Michaels and Angelica Conrad

For the front of the sliding window, I decided to go with a solid piece to keep my scene together. I cut a piece of green foliage paper from the Summer Splash 6x6 Paper to the size of that opening and adhered only the bottom part to the bottom layer. I then set about adhering the Silly Sloth images to create the scene.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Silly Sloths Sliding Window Dies Staggered Circle Dies Punny Cards by Juliana Michaels and Angelica Conrad

On the inside of the card, I stamped the sentiment using the Silly Sloth Stamps and then added some extra images to keep the fun going on the inside! I will recommend stamping your sentiment.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Silly Sloths Sliding Window Dies Staggered Circle Dies Punny Cards by Juliana Michaels and Angelica Conrad

One last thing to share is the pull tab. If you go back and look at the main photo, you will see a little sloth at the top! I adhered him to the open area so you can use him to pull on and slide the card open!

I hope you enjoyed this Silly Sloth Sliding Window card I created and shared with you today! Thanks so much for stopping by!!

---------------------------------------------------

Hi friends, Angelica here with a card featuring the Silly Sloths stamp set. These sloths are super easy to color, and come with a great selection of accessory stamps in the set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Silly Sloths Sliding Window Dies Staggered Circle Dies Punny Cards by Juliana Michaels and Angelica Conrad

I picked a handful of Copic Markers to color the images. After coloring, I used a gel pen to add highlights. I die cut them with the coordinating dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Silly Sloths Sliding Window Dies Staggered Circle Dies Punny Cards by Juliana Michaels and Angelica Conrad

I used pattern paper from Summer Splash Paper Pack for my card front. I trimmed the blue clouds and green leaves papers to 4.25" x 5.5". I die-cut circle windows from the cloud paper with the Staggered Circles Dies, added foam adhesive to the back, and attached it to the green paper. I used foam adhesive to attach the sloths in the windows. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Silly Sloths Sliding Window Dies Staggered Circle Dies Punny Cards by Juliana Michaels and Angelica Conrad

I added a stamped sentiment I trimmed down to a strip with thin foam squares. My last step was attaching the card front to an A2 size card base with double-sided adhesive.

I hope I have given you ideas for this adorable stamp set. That's all I have for today. See you next week!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Rainbow Bright 6x6 Paper
Rainbow Bright 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sliding Window Dies
Sliding Window Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Staggered Circles Die
Staggered Circles Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Silly Sloths Stamps
Silly Sloths Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Silly Sloths Dies
Silly Sloths Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Summer Splash 6x6 Paper
Summer Splash 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment