Monday, January 7, 2019

Love Monkey Cards with Leanne & Eloise

Hi everyone! Leanne West here with you today and I’m so happy to be sharing my first post as a Sunny Studio design team member. I've made a Valentine’s card featuring the new and oh so cute Love Monkey stamp set. For those of you interested in the Copic colors used, I’ve listed them at the bottom of the post.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Love Monkey Stitched Hearts Valentines Day Card by Leanne West

I started with an A2 card base and very lightly sponged on some Festive Berries Distress Oxide Ink around the all the edges of the card front. I then inked up the center with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide Ink. I trimmed a piece of white card stock to be slightly smaller than the card base. I used a die from the Stitched Hearts die set to create three heart shaped cut outs in a staggered vertical arrangement. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Love Monkey Stitched Hearts Valentines Day Card by Leanne West

I stamped and Copic colored the images from Love Monkey and used the coordinating dies to cut them out. I adhered the vines on the back of the white panel centered within the heart cut outs. The tree branch is also tucked behind one of the cut outs.  After I had all the images in place, I stamped the sentiments. The “swinging by to say” is from Love Monkey. The “happy valentine’s day” is from Happy Thoughts. I then added the completed panel to the card front using foam tape so it's popped up slightly from the card base.  


Sunny Studio Stamps: Love Monkey Stitched Hearts Valentines Day Card by Leanne West

(Copic makers used: monkeys - E30, E31, E34, E37; brown on vines and tree branch - E43, E44; leaves - YG61, G46; hearts and bows - R22, R24; flowers and envelope - R00, R01)

Thank you for joining me today! I’ll be back next Monday with another card share using products from the new release. Have a wonderful week!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone, it's Eloise here. I started off with stamping out all my images from the Love Monkey stamp set and coloured them in with Copic Markers. I then cut them out using the coordinating dies and added foam tape to the back of them. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Love Monkey Botanical Backdrop Love Themed Card by Eloise Blue
I then die cut the Botanical Backdrop out of some Dots & Stripes Pastel paper. I added foam tape to the back of that as well. I adhered the frame to a blue card base that I has inked with a little Tumbled Glass Distress Ink.

(Copic Markers Used: E50, E51, E53, E55, E57 / Y13, Y18, YR23 / R000, R00, R20 / N2 / 0 / R14, R24, R29 / YG61, YG63, YG67)

Sunny Studio Stamps: Love Monkey Botanical Backdrop Love Themed Card by Eloise Blue

I then adhered my monkey images over top as well. For the sentiment I used "I'm totally bananas for you" and stamped that in a gap with black ink. 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Stitched Heart Dies
Stitched Heart Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Happy Thoughts Stamps
Happy Thoughts Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Dots & Stripes Pastels 6x6 Paper
Dots & Stripes Pastels 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Love Monkey Stamps
Love Monkey Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Love Monkey Dies
Love Monkey Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Botanical Backdrop Die
Botanical Backdrop Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

3 comments:

  1. LUV it!!!! I want every stamp set you guys at sunny studios have!!! But my budget doesn't allow it. I am having such a hard time narrowing my order down!!!! Haha! Thanks for all the great inspration.

    ReplyDelete