Monday, January 28, 2019

Botanical Backdrop Cards with Leanne and Eloise

Hi everyone! Leanne here and I have a birthday card to share today. My card features a collage of die cut flowers against a dry embossed background. I thought it would be fun to die cut all the floral pieces out of pattern paper so I pulled out the new Gingham Pastel paper pack. I chose 4 different colors and cut out a bunch of petals, centers, and leaves. All these fun floral dies come from the Botanical Backdrop die set. I used small glue dots to adhere all the pieces of the flowers together then set them aside and prepared the background.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Botanical Backdrop Everyday Greetings Happy Birthday Card by Leanne West

I started with a white A2 sized card stock panel. I added embossed detail using the Quilted Hearts embossing folder. I wrapped some baker’s twine around the panel towards the left side. I die cut a tag to stamp “happy birthday” which is from Everyday Greetings stamps. The tag comes from the Sliding Window die set. I lightly inked the edges of the tag with some Seedless Preserves Distress Oxide Ink. I strung the tag on the twine and tied a bow. I secured the tag to the background at a slight angle with foam tape. 


Sunny Studio Stamps: Botanical Backdrop Everyday Greetings Happy Birthday Card by Leanne West

I then added the flowers all along the left side of the card. I grouped them fairly close together with some of the petals overlapping. I used glue dots again for this job. For a little extra embellishment, I added a scattering of clear sequins. I then adhered the completed panel to an A2 card base with foam tape. 

--------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone, Eloise here and today I have a card to share with you all using the Botanical Backdrop die set, I also pulled in the Frilly Frames Lattice dies for an extra layer. 


Sunny Studio Stamps: Botanical Backdrop Frilly Frames Hello Card by Eloise Blue

To start off I die cut all my layers from coloured cardstock. I used green and a pink for the frame and flowers and then a blue for the background. I also used the Frilly Frames Lattice dies to die cut out of white as well. I then also added some additional colour to each of them using Distress Inks just to give the plain pieces a little bit of dimension. 

(Distress Inks Used: Twisted Citron, Picked Raspberry, Tumbled Glass and Mustard Seed)


Sunny Studio Stamps: Botanical Backdrop Frilly Frames Hello Card by Eloise Blue

Now all my pieces are die cut out, I created a blue card base which I ink blended some Tumbled Glass onto as well to give the same effect. I then added foam tape to my lattice background and adhered it onto the card base. I also adhered my green frame as well. For my flowers I curled the edges a little and adhered them down and added yellow enamel dots inside each of them. The flowers in this die set are originally meant to be layered, but I wanted to make them simpler this time. 

For my sentiment I took the Hello Word die and die cut it from white foam and yellow cardstock. I then ink blended some Mustard Seed Distress Ink onto the yellow piece and adhered it to my white foam. I then adhered the sentiment onto my card and my card is complete. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you next time. 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Hello Word Die
Hello Word Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sliding Window Dies
Sliding Window Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Gingham Pastels 6x6 Paper
Gingham Pastels 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Quilted Hearts Embossing
Quilted Hearts Embossing
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Botanical Backdrop Die
Botanical Backdrop Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Lattice Dies
Frilly Frames Lattice Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Everyday Greetings Stamps
Everyday Greetings Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

3 comments: