Thursday, January 10, 2019

Over The Rainbow Cards with Anja & Vanessa

Hello everyone, Anja here and I'm so excited to share my very first post as a new Creative Team member. Today, I'm showcasing the Over The Rainbow Stamps. This 3x4 stamp set comes with a ton of fun sentiments and many options to combine them with the word "rainbow".

Sunny Studio Stamps: Over The Rainbow Rainbow Word Frilly Frames Cards by Anja Bytyqi


On my card I also used the new Rainbow Word Die to build the sentiment. I white heat embossed two of the sentiments on strips of black cardstock. I die cut the word "rainbow" four times – 3 from regular white cardstock and one from Strathmore Bristol smooth cardstock which I colored with ZIG Clean Color Real Brush Pens in rainbow order before die cutting. I stacked them together and clear embossed the die cut for a glossy finish.



To go on with the rainbow theme, I picked the pretty striped paper from the Spring Sunburst 6x6 Paper pack and adhered it to my card base. Next, I used the Sunburst Embossing Folder and did some ink blending with Distress Oxide Inks (Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Wild Honey) to make it a bright shining sun. I cut the Frilly Frames Lattice Dies from white cardstock (without the lattice insert) and created a scalloped stitched frame by also die cutting a rectangle from the center. 

I assembled the card and adhered the rainbow word at an angle. The dot over the "i" was made with Nuvo Red Berry Crystal Drops so I would not have to glue together all the tiny die cut dots ;-)

Sunny Studio Stamps: Over The Rainbow Rainbow Word Frilly Frames Cards by Anja Bytyqi

As a little bonus, I created a second card using the Inlaid Die Cutting technique that came to my mind when I saw the previously released Fancy Frames Circle DiesFirst, I die cut the stitched scalloped circles and heart from the Dots & Stripes Pastels 6x6 Paper and the parts in between from white cardstock. Next, I die cut a white cardstock circle (as big as the biggest blue circle) with a layer of Ken Oliver Stick it on top. It's like doing a puzzle when inlaying the die cuts.

I adhered the rainbow circle a bit off to the right side of my white card base and trimmed the excess with my paper cutter. Finally, I heat embossed another Over The Rainbow sentiment in silver and cut the Rainbow Word Die from black glitter cardstock. 

Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!

-----------------------------------------------------

Hello everybody! Vanessa here today with a happy card using the wonderful new stamp sets Over The Rainbow and Love MonkeyAfter all the cozy, glittery, festive Christmas cards, I feel the urge to make something colorful. This lovely new spring release makes it easy!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Over The Rainbow Love Monkey Rainbow Word Card by Vanessa Menhorn

I started with a panel of watercolor paper and applied a soft wash of watercolors. Then I stamped the sentiment and adhered the panel to the card. I colored a scrap of white cardstock with Copics, die-cut the Rainbow Word Die from it and adhered the word to the card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Over The Rainbow Love Monkey Rainbow Word Card by Vanessa Menhorn

Now I stamped the adorable monkey onto white cardstock, colored it with Copics, die-cut it with the matching die, backed it with fun foam and adhered it. Finally, I added little heart and circle sequins around the image.

I hope to have brought some color into your life today! Thank you for stopping by!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Fancy Frames-Circle Dies
Fancy Frames-Circle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Sunburst 6x6 Paper
Spring Sunburst 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Dots & Stripes Pastels 6x6 Paper
Dots & Stripes Pastels 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sunburst Embossing
Sunburst Embossing
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Love Monkey Stamps
Love Monkey Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Love Monkey Dies
Love Monkey Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Over The Rainbow Stamps
Over The Rainbow Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Rainbow Word Die
Rainbow Word Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Lattice Dies
Frilly Frames Lattice Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

2 comments: