Saturday, April 29, 2023

Guest Designer Spotlight: A Cut Above Cards with Leanne West

Hello everyone! Leanne here and I'm excited to be here showcasing some the new stamps and dies from the summer release. I just love anything related to school and crafting supplies. So I was thrilled to see the new A Cut Above stamps, Notebook Photo Corners, and Notebook Tabs dies

Sunny Studio Stamps: A Cut Above & Notebook Die Focused Cards by Leanne West

I'm sharing three clean and fairly simple note cards which would be quick and easy to mass produce. With the end of the school year coming up, we will need lots of teacher thank you cards. These designs would also be great if you need thank you or birthday cards for any of your co-workers.  

First off, I'd like to talk about how I set up my Misti for mass producing layered stamped images. I die cut a bunch of blanks using the coordinating dies from A Cut Above. I then use a template overtop the black Misti pad. I find that I can position the stamps easily using the negative space of my die cut templates because I can clearly see the open area. I close the Misti door with the stamps perfectly placed. I then put the blank die cut pieces into the template and stamp the first layer. I repeat this process until all the layers have been stamped. I did this with different colors so I'd get many completed stamped images as you can see in my colorful scissors mini slimline card.  I love the little scissor image and could not resist stamping them in all the colors of the rainbow. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: A Cut Above & Notebook Die Focused Cards by Leanne West

I also really love the Notebook dies and line stamp to create realistic mini notebook pages. I simply used one notebook page on each of the A2 sized cards and a greeting plus a few stamped images. This design can be easily replicated and results in a very eye catching card especially with bright happy colors. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: A Cut Above & Notebook Die Focused Cards by Leanne West

On all my cards today, I have used the Lots of Dots Embossing Folder to create the textures backgrounds. I thought this was a great way to add interest to the cards without distracting from the focal images.  

Other Sunny Studio supplies used were the Thank You Word dies and Inside Greetings Birthday Stamps

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Thank You Words Die
Thank You Words Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Lots of Dots Embossing
Lots of Dots Embossing
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Inside Greetings Birthday
Inside Greetings Birthday
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
A Cut Above Stamps
A Cut Above Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
A Cut Above Dies
A Cut Above Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Notebook Photo Corners Dies
Notebook Photo Corners Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Notebook Tabs Dies
Notebook Tabs Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment