Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Birthday Cat Card with Catherine

Hello Crafty Friends! Catherine here, and I am so excited to share my first card for the new summer release! For my first card, I created a birthday card featuring the adorable Birthday Cat Stamps.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Birthday Cat Birthday Card by Catherine Cohen (featuring Ribbon & Lace Border Dies, Quilted Hearts Dies, Fancy Frame Dies)

To start, I die cut the background with A2 white cardstock using Quilted Hearts Portrait Die. I cut diagonal paper strips from paper in Rainbow Bright 6x6 Paper and taped the strips to the back of the background. I adhered the background onto another piece of A2 white cardstock.

Next, I made the colorful heart border using paper from the same set. I added a strip of pink cardstock for contrast.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Birthday Cat Birthday Card by Catherine Cohen (featuring Ribbon & Lace Border Dies, Quilted Hearts Dies, Fancy Frame Dies)

I made the top of the cake stand  by die cutting white cardstock with Ribbon & Lace Border Dies and trimming the border to 3”W x 3/8” H. I ink blended the edges with Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide. For the stand, I used the outer edges of the third smallest oval in Stitched Oval Dies to make the curve shape and I inked blended the edges with the same color. I added a bow from Sweet Treat House Add-On and ink blended the bow with Worn Lipstick and Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide.

I stamped the cuties from Birthday Cat Stamps and die cut the images with the Birthday Cat Dies. I colored the images with Copic Markers listed in my blog link below. I added a white frame from Fancy Frames Rectangle Dies and a White Heat embossed sentiment from Birthday Cat Stamps.

Thanks so much for joining me today! Please feel free to visit me at Crafti-Cat for the list of Copic Markers used. Have a wonderful week!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Rainbow Bright 6x6 Paper
Rainbow Bright 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Oval Dies
Stitched Oval Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sweet Treats House Add-on
Sweet Treats House Add-on
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Quilted Hearts Portrait
Quilted Hearts Portrait
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Ribbon & Lace Dies
Ribbon & Lace Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Birthday Cat Stamps
Birthday Cat Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Birthday Cat Dies
Birthday Cat Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

2 comments:

  1. I think the entire cardmaking industry is focusing on b-day celebrations in April. Every company has tons of cakes and cupcakes in stamps, dies, stencils, etc. Love it all and it’s useful! Your card is a total delight – a “10”!! So cute! TFS –
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catherine, this is SO adorable! And it’s genius the way you created the cake stand ~ I’m definitely filing that away for future reference! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete