Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Tranquil Tulips Cards with Marie and Catherine

Hello Everyone, Marie here! Spring is one of my most favorite times of the year because everything is beautiful and flowers are blooming left and right. If I could think of a flower that is the quintessential Spring flower, tulips definitely come to mind first! That being said, I am excited to share my latest inspiration card that features Sunny Studio Stamps' Tranquil Tulips Stamps. This layering stamp set allows you to quickly create gorgeous tulips during their different stages of bloom. This set is perfect for mass producing cards! 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Tranquil Tulips Card by Marie Marco (featuring Loopy Letters Dies, Frilly Frame Dies)

My card today has a very simple design. To start,  I die cut an A2 sized base panel from 110 lb. Neenah Solar White Cardstock. For my background panel I used the Frilly Frames Eyelet Lace Die. I love the scalloped border this die creates! Then taking some Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide Ink, I lightly inked a little more than half the panel, and finished distress inking the rest with Saltwater Taffy Distress Oxide Ink. I also splattered some Salvaged Patina throughout the panel for a little texture. I then  adhered the background panel to the base panel using double sided tape adhesive. 

Next step was to stamp out all my lovely tulips onto Neenah Solar White Cardstock. Each layering flower stamp is individually labeled so it's easy to follow which order they go in. For each tulip bloom, I used three different colors with 3 different ink tones. For the purple tulip, I used a very light Princess Pink Dye Ink for the base, and then a slightly darker Pink in the shade Cotton Candy Dye ink  for the mid tone.These two inks are from MFTstamps. The darkest shade I used is Seedless Preserves Distress Oxide which is a purple that compliments the pink layers very well. For my full bloom yellow tulip, I used Lemon Chiffon Dye Ink, followed by a darker Lemon Drop Dye ink from MftStamps, and the darkest Ink is Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide Ink. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Tranquil Tulips Card by Marie Marco (featuring Loopy Letters Dies, Frilly Frame Dies)

To make the base of the flower a little darker giving it a more defined gradient, I added a touch of Wild Honey Distress Oxide Ink only to the base. For the pink tulip, I used Spun Sugar Distress Ink, Saltwater Taffy Distress Ink, and finally Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide as the darkest shade. For all the stems and leaves, I used a bright green Twisted Citron Distress Ink, and then Polychromos Color pencils to add some shading. I cut out all the images using the corresponding Tranquil Tulips Dies.

To highlight their beauty, I kept my design very simple by placing all three tulips inside a white oval frame that I created using two oval nesting dies. I gave the flowers dimension by adhering each one with foam tape. I also used foam tape on all the leaves. For the inside of my card, I lightly inked the center of an oval with Salvaged Patina and added a single stemmed tulip, placed off to the side, to create room for my "You're the Best" sentiment. My sentiment was created using the Loopy Letter Dies which I cut from a gold metallic cardstock. 

That concludes this week's card inspiration using the awesome Tranquil Tulips Layering stamps! I had a lot of fun experimenting with various different inks to create the perfect tulip colors! I hope this inspires you to create more Spring projects especially for the upcoming Easter holiday! Thanks so much for joining me today and until next time, Happy Cardmaking! 

-----------------------------------------

Hello Crafty Friends! Catherine here, and today I am sharing some floral gift tags created with Tranquil Tulips Stamps and Vintage Jar Stamps.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Tranquil Tulips Gift Tags by Catherine Cohen (featuring Vintage Jar)

To start, I die-cut the tulips, leaves, and stems, with white cardstock using the coordinating Tranquil Tulips Dies. I placed the die cut images back into the negative spaces. I stamped the images layer by layer with the following Altenew inks:

Yellows: Citrus Burst, Fresh Lemon, Maple Yellow
Pinks: Frosty Pink, Cotton Candy, Coral Berry
Purples: Soft Lilac, Wisteria, Lavendar Fields
Greens: Firefly, Grass Field

I added some highlights onto the tulips and leaves with a white gel pen.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Tranquil Tulips Gift Tags by Catherine Cohen (featuring Vintage Jar)

For the jar, I die cut 6 jars (3 for the front and 3 for the back) out of white cardstock using Vintage Jar Dies. I placed 3 of the jars back into the negative space and stamped the jar using Vintage Jar Stamps with Lawn Fawn Kiddie Pool Ink. I set the 3 jars aside for the back of the tags.  For the front of the jars, I placed the remaining 3 white cardstock jars back into the negative space and stamped the stem images. Next, I stamped the jar on top of the stems using Vintage Jar Stamps and Lawn Fawn Kiddie Pool Ink.

I adhered the tulips, stems, and leaves onto the back of the jar fronts and then glued on the back of the jars. I tied some brown string around the top of the jars. I added tags from Window Quad Square Dies using paper from Gingham Pastels Paper. I added a “thanks” sentiment in the Tranquil Tulips Stamps set using the pennant from Fancy Frames Rectangle Dies.

Thank you so much for joining me today! I would love for you to visit me at Crafti-Cat! Have a lovely day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Vintage Jar Dies
Vintage Jar Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Vintage Jar Stamps
Vintage Jar Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Loopy Letters Dies
Loopy Letters Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Gingham Pastels 6x6 Paper
Gingham Pastels 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames-Eyelet Lace
Frilly Frames-Eyelet Lace
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Window Quad Square Die
Window Quad Square Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tranquil Tulips Stamps
Tranquil Tulips Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tranquil Tulips Dies
Tranquil Tulips Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment