Thursday, April 27, 2023

A Cut Above Card with Marine

Hey crafty friends, Marine here! I'm so happy to be back on the blog and to start sharing the projects I've made using the new products! So exciting! I'm starting off today with some colorful scissors from A Cut Above. I went for a simple design with the scissors all lined up on my panel, but used bright colors to create a beautiful rainbow.

Sunny Studio Stamps: A Cut Above Everyday Card by Marine Simon (featuring Hayley Alphabet Dies)

I first cut a 5,5 x 4,25 inches Strathmore bristol smooth panel, and used distress oxide inks to color it. From the left to the right: kitsch flamingo, dried marigold, squeezed lemonade, twisted citron and salvaged patina. I splattered water and white ink on the panel to make it less flat, and set it aside to dry.

Next I created the scissors using distress oxide inks again to match the background. For each scissor, I did the grey metal part using lost shadow + hickory smoke + black soot distress oxide inks. And for each colored handle part, I used:

- pink: kitsch flamingo + picked raspberry
- orange: dried marigold + spiced marmalade
- yellow: squeezed lemonade + mustard seed
- green: twisted citron + mowed lawn
- aqua: salvaged patina + peacock feathers

Sunny Studio Stamps: A Cut Above Everyday Card by Marine Simon (featuring Hayley Alphabet Dies)

I used the coordinating die to cut each element, and then I attached them on my panel using 1mm foam squares.

I picked my "You're a cut above the rest" greeting from A Cut Above, and I wanted the word "cut" to pop, so I die cut the letters out of gold glitter cardstock using the Hayley Lowercase Alphabet, glued them below the scissors, and then white heat embossed the rest of the greeting. And finally I added golden heart sequins on each side.

And that's it! I hope you like this super bright card! Thanks so much for stopping by, and see you next time!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Hayley Lowercase Alphabet Dies
Hayley Lowercase Alphabet Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
A Cut Above Stamps
A Cut Above Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
A Cut Above Dies
A Cut Above Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. Love this! It would be a fantastic card for a hairdresser, in particular, or for anyone, really.
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete