Monday, February 27, 2023

Rainy Day Die Focused Cards with Cathy and Bobbi

Hey friends! Cathy here today and Spring has already sprung where I live with plenty of rain showers greening up that grass! I had great inspiration for my card today featuring the Rainy Days Dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Rainy Day Die Focused Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Fluffy Cloud Border Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Haley Alphabet Dies)

I wanted to keep this card light and bright even though I’ve got some Spring showers going on, so I started with a cloud background lightly inked with Tumbled Glass Distress ink. First, I die-cut a piece of white cardstock with a Stitched Rectangles Die, inked the very top with Tumbled Glass and adhered it centered on an A2 card front. I then die-cut 2 more pieces of white cardstock using the same Stitched Rectangle Die and die-cut them 3 times using the Fluffy Clouds Border Dies. (the die-cut cloud pieces measure 1 1/4" high, 2 1/4” high and 3 1/4" high) I inked each piece near the cloud edge with Tumbled Glass and layered/adhered the pieces to the card front.

Next, I die-cut a piece of white cardstock with a Stitched Semi-Circle Die and inked the top half with Tumbled Glass and Broken China Distress ink. I die-cut a second piece of white cardstock with the same Stitched Semi-Circle Die and then die-cut across the bottom of the semi-circle with the grass border die from the Picket Fence Border Die. I inked the grass with Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn Distress ink and adhered it to the bottom of the semi-circle. I adhered the semi-circle to the card front even with the bottom stitched line of the rectangle and centered.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Rainy Day Die Focused Card by Bobbi Lemanski (featuring Fluffy Cloud Border Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Haley Alphabet Dies)

I die-cut the cute rain boots from the Rainy Days Dies from white cardstock. I colored the main boot portion with Copics and inked the base piece underneath and the top of the boot with Twisted Citron Distress ink. I inked the sole of the boot with Broken China Distress ink. I also inked the raindrops (die-cut using the Rainy Days Dies) with Broken China Distress ink and heat embossed them with clear embossing powder to give them a wet look.

To finish, I stamped the “wishing you” and “of happiness” sentiments from the Over the Rainbow Stamps in teal ink on blue cardstock and die-cut them using the ribbon die from the Ribbon & Lace Border Dies and a flag die from the Stitched Rectangles Dies to notch the ends. I die-cut the “showers” sentiment using the Hayley Lowercase Alphabet Dies from ivory cardstock and teal cardstock and layered them slightly overlapping to help it stand out a bit more.

I hope you enjoyed and thanks for stopping by today! For more inspiration, please visit my blog www.inkredibleadventures.com and you can also find me on Instagram as @cathy.chapdelaine.

-----------------------------------------

Hi friends! It’s Bobbi here with a card to celebrate just about anything. There’s something so fun about brightly colored umbrellas. I was inspired by a trip to the s where we visited Calle de las Sombrillas, a street of brightly hanging umbrellas. When I saw this Rainy Days Dies set, it reminded me of all those hanging umbrellas over the street.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Rainy Day Die Focused Card by Bobbi Lemanski (featuring Hayley Alphabet Dies)


I’m using three new sets from the latest release including Rainy Days Dies and the Hayley Alphabet dies – Uppercase dies and Lowercase dies.


This 5″ X 7″ card begins with a watercolor background in blues, greens and aquas on watercolor paper. Once my base layer was dry, I splattered blue watercolor paint over it to look like tiny raindrops. Next, I cut twelve colors of umbrellas in bold brights and combined two tones of each color to make the six umbrellas you see on the card. I glued all the pieces together and added a few highlight marks using a white Gelly Roll pen. I assembled all of my remaining die cut pieces and made six more umbrellas to use on a later project.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Rainy Day Die Focused Card by Bobbi Lemanski (featuring Hayley Alphabet Dies)


Using some white cording, I attached two strings diagonally across the card front. I attached the six umbrellas, positioning them so that they look like they are hanging from the strings. I attached them using Scrapbook Adhesives foam tabs to make them stand out, too. I cut the Hayley letters to spell out, “OH, happy day” and attached them to the card front. Lastly, I attached blue and white die cut teardrops to the front and added some clear drops using Pearl Pen transparent.


Thanks for stopping by today. If you want to see more ideas and inspiration from me, subscribe to my blog, BobbiHartDesign.com. I’ll send you updates on new posts! You can also find me on Instagram as @BobbiHartDesign and on Facebook as BobbiHartDesign.


Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Picket Fence Border Dies
Picket Fence Border Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Rectangle Dies
Stitched Rectangle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Over The Rainbow Stamps
Over The Rainbow Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fluffy Clouds Border Dies
Fluffy Clouds Border Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Semi-Circle Dies
Stitched Semi-Circle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Hayley Lowercase Alphabet Dies
Hayley Lowercase Alphabet Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Hayley Uppercase Alphabet Dies
Hayley Uppercase Alphabet Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Rainy Days Dies
Rainy Days Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Ribbon & Lace Dies
Ribbon & Lace Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

2 comments:

  1. I like these both very much, especially the card with all the umbrellas from Bobbi! Superb!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for always leaving such nice comments. Your sweet feedback is always so appreciated.

      Delete