Saturday, February 18, 2023

Guest Designer Spotlight: Cards with Gladys Marcelino

Hello friends!! Gladys here and I'm so excited to be back on the blog today to share some fun and fresh new projects using products from the latest release. Let's get started!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Panda Party Cards by Gladys Marcelino (Make A Wish)

For my first card I created a cute birthday card featuring the adorable pandas from the Panda Party stamp set. To start I used a watercolor stencil and ink blended a pastel rainbow with various distress oxide inks. I added interest by splattering diluted shaded lilac and white paint using a small paint brush. I stamped the pandas and birthday accessories from the stamp set with alcohol friendly ink. I colored the images with copic markers and used their coordinating dies to cut them out. Since this is a birthday card we can't have a birthday without cake so I stamped and colored the cake from a smaller stamp set called Make A Wish.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Panda Party Cards by Gladys Marcelino (Make A Wish)

Next I cut down the stenciled background panel using a stitched rectangle die slightly smaller than A2 size. Then it was time to assemble the scene. Once I was happy with the placement of the images I used double sided foam tape to attached them. I stamped the punny sentiment on the center of the card and finally I mounted the panel onto a rainbow pattern paper from the latest release called Spring Fever.  

Sunny Studio Stamps: Panda Party Cards by Gladys Marcelino (featuring Wonderful Windows)

For my second project I made a slimline card, again using the Panda Party stamp set with the Wonderful Windows dies.

I began by ink blending the background using a brick stencil and distress oxide inks. Then I started die cutting elements from the window dies. I used various colored card stock and pattern paper to complement the scene. The flowers did take the longest from cutting the different colors of paper and gluing them together. I wanted to create a cluster of flowers for the windowsills so it was a labor of love and I enjoyed the process. Also, I think it's because I'm longing for Spring to come. LOL!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Panda Party Cards by Gladys Marcelino (featuring Wonderful Windows)

I was able to fit almost 2 windows on top of each other and stuck the pandas in each of them. I cut a grass border and a couple of pandas holding flowers which I thought was so sweet. Next I heat embossed the sentiment in white on vellum. The sentiment "Have a pandastic day!" was my inspiration for this scene. I had imagined the pandas are greeting their neighbors, friends or family members to have a fantastic day. I  had so fun creating this scene and I love how it turned out.

That is all for me today. Thank you so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day!!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Make A Wish Stamps
Make A Wish Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Make A Wish Dies
Make A Wish Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Panda Party Stamps
Panda Party Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Panda Party Dies
Panda Party Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Wonderful Windows Dies
Wonderful Windows Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Fever Paper
Spring Fever Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. Dear Gladys - These are so super-cute! I love the coloring, especially. GREAT JOB!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete