Saturday, February 4, 2023

Guest Designer Spotlight: Garden Critters Cards with Tammy Stark

Hello friends! Tammy here! I'm so excited to be guest designing for Sunny Studio for the new, adorable Spring release! My projects feature the new set, Garden Critters. This set is so fun, happy, and Springy, it will be sure to bring smiles!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Garden Critters Spring Cards by Tammy Stark (featuring WooHoo, Slimline Dies)

For my first project, I made an A2 card, creating a fun scene to showcase all the darling little critters. To begin, I stamped the images from Garden Friends, colored with Copic markers, and die cut with the Garden Critters Dies. The tree branch and leaves is from the Woo Hoo Stamp SetCoordinating Dies

Next, using the new Spring Fever Paper, I cut the blue dot patterned paper 4 1/4 X 5 1/2" and attached it to an A2 card base. I then cut a white mat, just slightly smaller, and then layered a smaller rectangle using the rainbow plaid patterned paper on top and attached them to the card base.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Garden Critters Spring Cards by Tammy Stark (featuring WooHoo, Slimline Dies)

Next, I die cut an oval from Bristol cardstock and ink blended it with Salty Ocean and Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide inks. I splattered the background with water, then added some Salty Ocean ink to the water and added some darker splatters to add some dimension. Using the Slimline Nature Borders Dies, I die cut a grassy border from green cardstock, inking the bottom with Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide ink, and attached it to the card.

I arranged the stamped images onto the card, attaching some with foam tape for dimension. Lastly, I stamped the punny sentiment onto a white cardstock banner using black ink to complete my card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Garden Critters Spring Cards by Tammy Stark (featuring WooHoo, Slimline Dies)

Next up is a fun set of mini cards, perfect for Valentine's Day, or just a little note for someone special.

To begin, I die cut Bristol smooth cardstock 3 times using the Mini Mat & Tag 1 Dies.  I taped off the edges with washi tape and ink blended the background with Salvaged Patina and Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide inks, splattering some watered down Salvaged Patina to create some interest. Next, using the Slimline Nature Borders Dies, I die cut a grassy border from green cardstock, inking the bottom with Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide ink, trimming to fit, and attached it to the card. 

Next, I stamped, colored with Copic markers, and die cut the images from the following sets:
Garden Critters / Coordinating Dies
Woo Hoo Coordinating Dies
Meow & Furever Coordinating Dies

Sunny Studio Stamps: Garden Critters Spring Cards by Tammy Stark (featuring WooHoo, Slimline Dies)

I stamped the sentiments onto the background using black ink, then attached the stamped images using foam tape on some for dimension. Lastly, I cut mats, approximately 3 1/4 X 4 1/2", using patterned paper (Classic GinghamStriped Silly, and Holiday Cheer) and attached them to a white card base. I then glued the scalloped mats to the patterned cards bases to complete my set of mini cards!

Thanks so much for stopping by! See you next time!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used: 

Woo Hoo Dies
Woo Hoo Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Woo Hoo Stamps
Woo Hoo Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Classic Gingham 6x6 Paper
Classic Gingham 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Striped Silly 6x6 Paper
Striped Silly 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Holiday Cheer 6x6 Paper
Holiday Cheer 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Nature Borders
Slimline Nature Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Meow & Furever Stamps
Meow & Furever Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Meow & Furever Dies
Meow & Furever Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Mini Mat & Tag 1 Dies
Mini Mat & Tag 1 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Garden Critters Stamps
Garden Critters Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Garden Critters Dies
Garden Critters Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Fever Paper
Spring Fever Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sunny and Tammy - These are so cute and so pretty!! TFS -
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete